Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jasdeep Singh (Prop)     24 October 2013

297/337/304a

Dear Reader/Lawyer,

In Feb 2013, I had met with an accident where I hit the Auto and the Auto Driver met with Simple Injuries and passenger died after she was taken to the hospital.

The police had booked me for three sections. 297/337/304A & in May the MACT court proceeding started.

In my MACT last date, the auto driver was about to get the compensation from the insurance and the deceased LR's are fighting with each other for the insurance claim. This is my thought that it may take few extra dates than normal case because the LR’s are wasting Court’s time.

Also, my case vs state is yet to be started. I am assuming that my file was sent to the court and PP had pointed out some missing point and asked my IO to answer them. I believe recently he has given all the answers to his queries.

Now, I’ll come to my questions from you.

My passport is due for renewal in January 2013, I need to get it renewed. I travel a lot because of my job. I need to understand the following sentence in the renewal form “have you ever been charged with criminal proceedings or any arrest warrant/ summon pending”

Can anyone please explain if I need to select my answer as YES or NO.?

Honestly speaking, I have asked the same question to my lawyer and IO and guess what they both have a different onion on this. And, the funny part is that I asked another cop from the police station where my case is going and he told me to state NO and pay the guy who comes for the Police Verification.

You can understand my situation, my lawyer, IO and no one has much clarity on this issue.

Please help!!

Best regards,

Jasdeep Singh

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     24 October 2013

1.you know It very well that you are facing criminal cases u/s279,337,&304a ipc , then after knowing everything you give false information to get renewal The passport , It shows your malafide intention to fled from India and not to face The court proceeding .

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 October 2013

agreed with Mr Joshi

Jasdeep Singh (Prop)     25 October 2013

Dear Mr. Joshi & Mr. Kumar,

First of all thanks for your replies.

1. If I had any plan to flee my country (India), I could have done the same in Feb 2013 when the accident took place. Because, I am a law abiding citizen and I wanted to understand the technicalities behind the following sentence. As I mentioned my lawyer, IO and me, we all are confused.

“have you ever been charged with criminal proceedings or any arrest warrant/ summon pending”

2. Probably you both have a similar kind of mind-set and consider that any one who seeks help in regards to the passport is trying to flee the country

3. Did I say that I will give false information ? If I had any intention what so ever, why would I write on the walls of this blog ?

4. Instead of helping and explaining you both didn't leave any stone unturned to blame me

5. I really think that you both are also useless like my lawyer & IO.....sorry to say this but this will remain a fact

Don't bother to reply unless you have something to write which explains the question.

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register