Obtain Birth Certificate: Tripura
Every birth has to be reported and registered within 21 days at the place of its occurrence.
The persons who could register the event are:
- In a Hospital, Health Centre, Maternity Home, Nursing Home or other similar institutions: Medical Officer In-charge or any officer authorised by him/her
- In a Jail: Jailor In-charge
- In a Hostel, Dharamshala, Boarding/Lodging House etc.: Person In-charge
- In a Moving Vehicle: Person In-charge of the Vehicle
- Found deserted in a public place: Headman of the Village/In-charge of the local police station
- House: Head of the household or in his absence, his nearest relative
The applicant can put up his/her application for registering birth and obtaining birth certificate at the e-Suvidha Centres situated in the Offices of Sub-Divisional Magistrates where the applicant permanently resides in, or on any working day. The applicant is given an Acknowledgement Receipt for the same that indicates a Delivery Date for his/her Certificate.
Alternatively, the applicant may also apply to the Block Development Officer, Executive Officers of Nagar Panchayat, Executive Officer of Agartala Municipality or
For delayed registration, the issuing authority, at his discretion may initiate Field Enquiry by the relevant Tehsil/Revenue Inspector/Deputy Collector & Magistrate on the merit of the application. After proper verification, the respective authorities would issue the birth certificate to the applicant.
In Tripura, the District Magistrate and Collectors have been designated as District Registrars for birth and the Sub-Divisional Magistrates/Block Development Officers have been designated as Additional Registrar for birth.
In addition, the Executive Officers of Agartala Municipality/Nagar Panchayats and Incharges of State/District/Sub-Divisional Hospitals have also been notified as Registrars for birth and Officers for issuing birth certificate.
The different bodies in the state for birth registration are:
- e-Suvidha Centres in the Office of the Sub-Divisional Magistrates: 15
- Municipality: 1 and Nagar Panchayats: 13 Rural Development Blocks: 40
- State, District and Sub-Divisional Hospitals: 15
The following indicative list of documents may qualify to substantiate the applicant's claim for registering birth and obtaining a certificate:
- Citizenship of either of Parents [mandatory]
- Certificate of Pradhan
- Certificate of Doctor/Hospital Discharge Certificate
- Tehshil enquiry
In case of delayed registration, an affidavit from Judicial Magistrate indicating the date and place of birth is also required.
Birth occurrence can be registered after 21 days but within 30 days of its occurrence. Any delay invites a late fee of Rs. 2/- only and Rs. 5/- upto a period of one year. Events which have been reported after a period of oneI year, after the actual occurrence invites a late fee of Rs. 10/-.
A common application form, introduced for applying for certificates in Tripura can be downloaded from http://tsu.trp.nic.in/esuvidha (External website that opens in a new window) for applying for birth certificate from e-Suvidha Centres.