Section 14 provides that the district forum can provide the following reliefs:
- Remove the defects pointed out by the appropriate laboratory from goods in question.
- Replace the goods with new goods of similar description which shall be free from any defect.
- Return to the complainant the price, or, as the case may be, the charges paid by the complainant.
- Pay such amount (compensation) as may be awarded to the consumer or any loss or injury suffered by the consumer due to negligence of the opposite party.
- Remove the defects or deficiencies in the services in question.
- Discontinue the unfair trade practice or the restrictive trade practice or not.
- Not to offer the hazardous goods for sale.
- Withdraw the hazardous goods from being offered for sale.
- Pay such sum as may be determined by the grievance forum. If it feels that a large number of consumers have been injured or suffered a loss, the sum payable should not be less than five percent of the value of the defective goods sold.
- Issue corrective advertisement to neutralize effect of a misleading advertisement
- Provide for adequate costs to parties.
The forum can provide interim relief to the consumer as seem necessary according to the facts of the case.
Section 15 provides that any person unhappy with the decision of the district forum can appeal to the State Commission within 30 days.