LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev verma   23 August 2022


1.An Electricity Board terminated the Services of certain employees arbitrarily without giving notice. Which one of the following alternative remedies can be best adopted by the concerned employees?

(a) The employees can move the High Court by a writ as Electricity Board is included within the definition of State.

(b) The employees can make an appeal to the State Government.

(c) The employees can move the High Court after getting the permission of Electricity board only 

(d) The employees can directly approach the Supreme Court for violation of a fundamental right.


 2 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   23 August 2022

Yes you can directly approach High Court by way of Writ Petition and as per merit of the cases part is concern you may contact us then I'll elaborate properly about your case.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt.
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 9198889990.
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 August 2022

Option of writ filing should be used when there is no alternative remedy available to petitioner(s).

Whether termination of services without a notice (which is prima facie fabricated story) infringes fundamental right of the employees, which I could not find in Fundamental Rights enshrined in the Constitution of India ? 

Which one of the 5 writs do you propose /suggest as an examiner / question setter ?

What is your concern / problem / locus standi to the facts posted ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register