Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Which wife is legal?

Page no : 3

sudipalipurd (None)     19 October 2010

Isn't there any procedure or law by which i can live with my girlfriend whom did registry marriage? tension is growing everyday and we [me and my social wife] are not living happily, but she [my social wife] also don't want to give me divorce due to her social status.

plz help me, now the situation is getting worst every day. even i often do think about suicide to get rid of this matter.

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     19 October 2010

Your girl friend has the status of your wife if the marriage is duly registered with her. 

sudipalipurd (None)     19 October 2010

can I apply for annulment on basis of marriage under force/pressure by family

(Guest)

You said can I apply for annulment on basis of marriage under force/pressure by family. You also said that I can live with my girlfriend whom did registry marriage but your Wife [your social wife] also don't want to give you divorce due to her social status.

Now, you are in a big trouble. You can’t escape from liability. Here is a  fact that is in future give you trouble. If suppose she can file for maintenance here is judgment which is against you if she can  file for it.

Judgment on Maintenance for the second wife

Narinder Pal Kaur Chawla   versus M S Chawla

Head notes: For details go to https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Judgment-on-Maintenance-for-the-second-wife-25957.asp

The  Delhi  High  Court  judgment  lays  down  that  a second wife duped by her husband through concealment of his first marriage can be treated as a legally wedded "Hindu wife" and is entitled to maintenance under Section 18 of the Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     19 October 2010

MR DEEPAK, 

is it also possible that the second wife can put up a case of bigamy against the husband in this case  

YES POSSIBLE, BUT NOT BIGAMY BUT UNDER A DIFFERENT SECTION OF IPC – SHE CAN PRAY

will it affect that she has legal right to do that or not taking in concern that her marriage is not legally registered 

THOUGH HER MARRIAGE IS VOID BUT CLAIM OF MAINTENANCE IS VALID, IN SUCH CASES.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     19 October 2010

What if me and my social wife sign on a 10 Rs. Stamp paper mentioning that "we are not responsible for each other and we are not going to hold each other or have any further liabilities to each other. and we also have not any objection if me/she lives separately." - is that will work as a Mutual  divorce or agreement?

IT IS STUPIDITY.

BY THIS WAY ONE CAN NOT GET DIVORCE.

FIRST OF ALL YOU CHECK THAT WHETHER YOUR FIRST MARRIAGE REGISTERED PROPERLY OR NOT. THIS DOUBT COMES AS YOUR ADVOCATE TOLD THAT FIRST ONE IS NOT REGISTERED.  ( my lawyer said that my registry marriage is not valid now as we canceled it. is that true. i'm confused. plz help.). YOUR FUTURE STRATEGY WILL BE BASED ON THAT.

Isn't there any procedure or law by which i can live with my girlfriend whom did registry marriage?

YOU ARE FREE TO LIVE WITH HER.BUT YOU WILL BE FACING TROUBLE FOR YOUR PAST ACTIVITIES.

tension is growing everyday and we [me and my social wife] are not living happily, but she [my social wife] also don't want to give me divorce due to her social status.

QUITE  NATURAL.

now the situation is getting worst every day. even i often do think about suicide to get rid of this matter.

EVERYTHING HAS A REASONABLE SOLUTION. YOUR CASE WILL TAKE SOME TIME.

can I apply for annulment on basis of marriage under force/pressure by family

NO. IT IS A CHILDISH THINKING.

TAKE CARE OF BOTH THE LADIES TILL A SOLUTION COMES OUT.

1 Like

(Guest)

Legal wife is the one who gets you to jail sooner or later.

2 Like

sudipalipurd (None)     20 October 2010

What if i change my religion? can i get married with my girlfriend then without getting any divorce?

I said that "my lawyer said that my registry marriage is not valid NOW as we canceled it in 2009 after my marriage" - We didn't get divorced, we canceled it through court. but at the time of social marriage my registry marriage is still intact.

(Guest)

All I can say is...Welcome to the real world! Now that you are here, please tear up your movie tickets and learn to abide by the moral and legal rules which apply here.

(Guest)

I only saw HISSSS! UNCENSORED IN BUCKING -HUM PALACE!

dec17 (student)     20 October 2010

first of all do ur wifes know that you got two marraiges ?

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     20 October 2010

We didn't get divorced, we canceled it through court.

- it is rubish. such type of cancellation not possible at court.

better you show your papers to a senior local lawyer. he will explain you the current position.

still now you are unable to understand the position of you and the procedure of court.

1 Like

Respected Arupji,

plz give me some possible advice by which everyone can live happily. as i said earlier, me nd my social wife is not living a good marital life, but she also don't want to give divorce. is there any loophole of law? can it will harm our lifes [me and my girlfriend] if we stay and live together as we husband and wife on the basis of our registry marriage without getting divorce from social marriage? 

what if i change my religion? can i also be punished then if my social wife takes legal action?

plz help me....! my life is ruined. 

SOMEBODY PLZ HELP TO GET RID OF THIS MATTER.

PLEASE....I'm In a Very Bad Situation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register