Devajyoti Barman's Expert Profile

Queries Replied : 34798

+ View Full Profile

About me

Myself bearing B.A ( Hons), MBA, LL.B,L.L.M degree is an Arbitrator and chiefly a practising advocate of Calcutta High Court  for the last 15 years and more. That apart I also regularly appear before the lower courts and the Apex Court of India and courts in almost all the major cities of India in matters pertaining to divorce,alimony and child custody; arbitration matters; consumer disputes; criminal cases and bail; civil litigations; conveyancing to mention a few.

I am Arbitrator in SEBI recognised Financial Corporations and Bodies as well.

I am the empanelled lawyer of ---Sahara Housing Fina Corporation Ltd. ,  Kolkata Port Trust , Kolkata Metropolitan Water and Sanitaion Authority , FOSMI to namea very few apart from reputed solicitor firms. I am recently appointed as Arbitrator of SEBI guided Public Sector Undertakings. 

Contacts to me can be made for professional services through or ; or phone call at 9062412450 , 033-24007986.


I also run a law firm called Ace Legal having its presence in all major cities in India and for more details you may  visit my website -


For getting regular updates on legal front please visit  my facebook page- Ace Legal and click 'like'.

    What kinds of questions I can and can't answer?
    Questions relating to matrimonial disputes, civil litigations, criminal proceedings, consumer disputes, arbitrations etc can be answered by me but not anything relating to taxations.

    My area of expertise
    civil and criminal cases, arbitration, bail,consumer disputes etc.

    My experience in the area (years):
    Nine years of active court pracice from lower court to High Court.

    Organizations I belong to:
    Apart from individualn practice empanelled lawyer of- ahara Housingfina Corpn.,Kolkata Port Trust, Kolkata Metropolital Development Authority Of Water& Sanitation, FOSMI,Several Solicitor Firms.

    Publications or writing which has appeared :

    Educational credentials:
    BA(Hons), MBA, LL.B

    Award & Honors:
    First Class in Madyamik, Higher Secondary and LL.B.

  • Umesh Khanna says : IT Complaint
    I want to file a complaint to Income Tax Deptt. against a Pvt Ltd Co. for evading income tax by making fraud balance sheets,they have also not filed returns in IT Deptt since fin year 2008-9, the 2007-8 return is filed on basis of fraud balance sheets.The CA's whose signature are on audited balance sheets have denied that they have audited the balance sheets & their stamp & signature are forged. Can a tax evasion case be filed after 11 years, there is proof in that balance sheet of evasion.

  • Umesh Khanna says : MCA complaint /NCLT Case
    I had filed a complaint in MCA & ROC and also filed a case in NCLT against a pvt ltd company for fraud and forgery, the ROC has replied to my RTI that MCA has issued order initiating proceedings under 206(4) against the company. should I withdraw the NCLT case?

  • Rajeshwari Patel says : Gazette Notification is legal /valid in Abroad
    I am going to change name by "Gazette Notification". My Degree certificates(10th, 12th, BE, M.Tech) and EMP Certificates( Experience letter) are with OLD names and Passport will be with “NewName”(will change after Gazette Notification). Will Software company in “Foreign Countries” will “accept or consider” Degree certificates and Emp certificates valid with Old names? Since Name change is not done by foreign authority where I am going to work.

  • Chandrashekhar joshi says : Complaint not accepted
    I wanted to make a complaint against garage. As he is delaying in delivery of bike. Police called him and ask to deliver in three day for this he agreed . No response from garage. I made written complaint but police refused to accept. I told this complaint is for refusing to delivervehicle and keeping in his custody . Police refused saying it is civil matter. I write a letter to commissioner. NO REPLY IN MONTH . So filed application under RTI(online) asking for copy of my letter to commissioner with remarks made on it. Again there was no reply under rti for 37 days, I filed appeal. As soon as I filed appeal on 12 June on 4.30pm I got reply on mail on same day at 6.40 pm. Means with delay of 7 days as well as after filing my appeal. Commissner replied that it's not possible to disclose details and as this is civil mater we can't take any action. Can I challenge in court and how?

  • RAJU............ says : DV and Police Arrest
    Wife lost DV case. In a fit of rage again now filed a police complaint on my friend and his aged parents (aged 80 yrs and 75 years) . Father was arrested and released on bail. friend residing in another state . so far chargesheet is not filed even after 120 days after filing a complaint . now complaint filed using 143 , 147 , 498A , 323 , 504 , 506 , 149 IPC and 3 & $ IPC on 6 th Jan, 2017 . Harassing eldely persons , wat to do. My question whether after 120 days case will be dismissed if charge sheet is not filed ? Seeking help and any advices in this regard.

Comment Please


Other LCI Experts

Rajendra K Goyal
Queries Replied : 49383

raj kumar makkad
Queries Replied : 41338

ajay sethi
Queries Replied : 31527


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

web analytics