Devajyoti Barman's Expert Profile

Queries Replied : 34798

+ View Full Profile

About me

Myself bearing B.A ( Hons), MBA, LL.B,L.L.M degree is an Arbitrator and chiefly a practising advocate of Calcutta High Court  for the last 15 years and more. That apart I also regularly appear before the lower courts and the Apex Court of India and courts in almost all the major cities of India in matters pertaining to divorce,alimony and child custody; arbitration matters; consumer disputes; criminal cases and bail; civil litigations; conveyancing to mention a few.

I am Arbitrator in SEBI recognised Financial Corporations and Bodies as well.

I am the empanelled lawyer of ---Sahara Housing Fina Corporation Ltd. ,  Kolkata Port Trust , Kolkata Metropolitan Water and Sanitaion Authority , FOSMI to namea very few apart from reputed solicitor firms. I am recently appointed as Arbitrator of SEBI guided Public Sector Undertakings. 

Contacts to me can be made for professional services through e-mail---devajyoti_barman@yahoo.co.in or devajyoti_barman@hotmail.com ; or phone call at 9062412450 , 033-24007986.

I also run a law firm called Ace Legal having its presence in all major cities in India and for more details you may  visit my website -  www.acelegalfirm.com.

For getting regular updates on legal front please visit  my facebook page- Ace Legal and click 'like'.

What kinds of questions I can and can't answer?
    Questions relating to matrimonial disputes, civil litigations, criminal proceedings, consumer disputes, arbitrations etc can be answered by me but not anything relating to taxations.

My area of expertise
    civil and criminal cases, arbitration, bail,consumer disputes etc.

My experience in the area (years):
    Nine years of active court pracice from lower court to High Court.

Organizations I belong to:
    Apart from individualn practice empanelled lawyer of- ahara Housingfina Corpn.,Kolkata Port Trust, Kolkata Metropolital Development Authority Of Water& Sanitation, FOSMI,Several Solicitor Firms.

Publications or writing which has appeared :
    Nothing

Educational credentials:
    BA(Hons), MBA, LL.B

Award & Honors:
    First Class in Madyamik, Higher Secondary and LL.B.

• Aditya Vaish says : concept of "watching counsel" in India.
    Respected sir, Other common law countries have a concept of "watching counsel" or Watching Brief advocacy. The purpose of watching brief is to help protect the rights and interests of victims of a crime. But a watching counsel does not directly take part in the criminal trial and acts as an observer. I wish to know whether there is any legal framework in India providing for this. I would be really grateful to you for your help. Regards Aditya Vaish

• Mustafa Bhat says : 498A & 406 Written arguments
    Sir, In my 498A & 406 case oral arguments was done, after oral arguments both counsels requested for written arguments which was allowed by Court, Now the prosecution is saying that they will submit the written arguments one or two days after the defense will submit their written arguments and after providing a copy of defense arguments to prosecution. Can any one please guide me what is law on it. Is persecution correct.. Any Law / Judgement plz.

• Renny says : Passport Rent agreement
    Hi sir, Is a notarised (un-registered) rental agreement, a valid proof of address while applying for a passport?

• Arun Kumar says : lis pendens
    Sir, I am an advocate in Bangalore. My client has purchased a property without the knowledge of a pending suit and the seller also claims that he was not aware. The OS was decreed after our purchase date for a partition.When we came to know, we immdtly impleaded ourselves in FDP and it is going on. we have filed a RA in higher court to set aside the decree. It is in admissible stage due to limitation act. Is sale hit by lis pendens? Any SC judments in our favour?

• Somnath Iyer says : Probate and Will
    2 wills executed on same day in different language.Which one shall be considered for Probate?

Comment Please

Other LCI Experts

Rajendra K Goyal
Queries Replied : 49383

raj kumar makkad
Queries Replied : 41397

ajay sethi
Queries Replied : 31527

×