Token amount

This query is : Resolved 

25 June 2019

Hi All Experts,

I am currently working in Bangalore. I have thought of buying recently a property under Land owner Share. The property is under construction. I paid 1 Lakh token amount to the broker. The token amount was paid around 25 Days back. After paying token amount i got sick and was admitted in the hospital. When I recovered I asked the broker to share me the Documents so that I can proceed with legal verification. The Broker share soft copy and refused to share hard copy saying that don't do legal verification from a private Lawyer and do it from Bank approved lawyer when i asked him that without legal verification I cannot proceed he said you have 5 days to sign the agreement. I asked him in that case I don't want to proceed and kindly refund my token amount. On that he refused to give it back.

I have an email confirmation from him that amount has successfully received by him. Also the amount was paid by cheque on landowners name. I have not signed any document and he is yet to provide any receipt.

Can you please advise what legal actions can I take.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert)
25 June 2019

File police complaint against broker and send legal notice for refund of token money.

R.K Nanda (Expert)
Click to Talk
25 June 2019

file lawyer legal notice to broker to refund ur token amount within 30 days.


kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
25 June 2019

Agreed with above experts and nothing to add.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
26 June 2019

Issue legal notice through a local prudent lawyer for refund of the amount paid by you.
You can file a suit for recovery as well as consumer complaint in District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum

krishna mohan (Expert)
27 June 2019

Any agreement is made and against which you have paid the money, you can issue legal notice for specific performance. But paid without any agreement then police complaint will help you to recover the money fast.

P. Venu (Expert)
05 July 2019

In my understanding, no criminal action lies. You are entitled get back the token money less expenses and loss, if any incurred. You may serve a legal notice and follow up by a civil action, if so advised.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu