Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Family Law > Share of property after demise of parents

Please Wait ..

Share of property after demise of parents (Family Law)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : SUBROTO

Posted On 24 April 2012 at 17:20

Dear Expert

I live in parental house which was acquired by my parents and was in my mother's name. After her death, father transferred the same in his name. Now he is also no more. I have a elder sister who is married.

Now as the house is getting old, I need to sell it. I do pay regular hosue tax. my question are as follows:
1. The process of transfer of house in my name or it the tansfer will happen in both mine and Sister's name.
2. If it is transferred in may name do I have to give my sister share of sales proceed?.
3. lawyer you suggest in old ghaziabad for the same.




To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 24 April 2012 at 18:35

1. In the name of both.

2. No question arise in view of reply of point 1.

3. You can chose those from the experts of LCI or by visiting the court personally.

Expert : prabhakar singh

Posted On 24 April 2012 at 18:37

You as well as your sister have 1/2 and of share in the house.

Mutation is required to be moved in corporation office in both names.

You alone can not legally transfer the house.

Lawyer in old ghaziabad can be searched on this site.

Expert : Devajyoti Barman

Posted On 24 April 2012 at 18:59

Click to Talk

Yes act as advised above..

Expert : Adv.R.P.Chugh

Posted On 24 April 2012 at 22:58

Dear Subroto,

You and your sister automatically have become the owners to the extent of 1/2 each, and would have to approach the local authorities for mutation in your joint names, with both having power to sell property to the extent of their share only.

Feel free to talk!

Expert : Shonee Kapoor

Posted On 24 April 2012 at 23:32

Nothing left to be added.

Both have equal share.


Shonee Kapoor

Author : SUBROTO

Posted On 25 April 2012 at 12:13

Dear All Experts

Thank you all for the feedback. I was getting a wrong advice from the local kacheri advocates.

They just wanted the death certificates of my parents and house tax receipts and that's it. But I thought I should take an independent advice and I got from you all.

One again thanks a ton.





You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics