Separation in marriage

I have been married since 2004 (13yrs) and have been under tremendous pressures since the last 9yrs or so.
My wife is not adjusting to our ways of life being from an aristocratic background.
Moreover, she is from a totally different cultural upbringing of attar Pradesh (I am from Rajasthan)
She refuses to adapt to our ways of life.
Constant skirmishes are common and having an effect on my child (of 9 yes) psyche.
Most of the issues revolve around kitchen,maid and finance.
More so, I have lost my JOB since the last 3yrs.
My only source of income are grants by my parents who have limited agricultural income.
Please advice on the possibilities.
I have one girl child only

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert)

If your marriage not rightly working and you are thinking of calling it off by decree of divorce than get you wife agree for it through mutual consent after fixing the issue of child custody between both parties , fixing the permanent alimony and maintenance for the wife if she so desires to and agrees for divorce by mutual consent.
Divorce otherwise sort by you in present facts and circumstances will take you nowhere. It will be big disaster for you.

Try to save marriage, try for amicable solution.

Legal step once taken may destroy possibility to save marriage.

Effort through elders / society effective people / family friends / your lawyer to arrive at the amicable solution.

If the possibility of amicable steps to save marriage do not work try to proceed as advised by the expert Vijay Raj Mahajan.

Nitish Banka (Expert)

Depending on facts prefer mutual consent divorce

She is forced with a situation to live with unemployed husband and being called unable to adjust.

×