Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Property Law > Relinquishment of rights in a mortgaged property

Please Wait ..

Relinquishment of rights in a mortgaged property (Property Law)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : Nishant Agrawal

Posted On 11 January 2017 at 09:33

We have taken SME loan from a bank for our pvt ltd company and one of few collateral securities includes one immovable property in the name of relative of the directors. This property is jointly owned by a Mother (Aged 90 plus) and his son (Aged 60 plus). Recently son has expired unfortunately. He did not write his will and as per succession rules his share has devolved to the following family members, deceased's one son, deceased's two daughters, deceased's wife and deceased's mother (90 years plus as mentioned above). Now all these members namely deceased's old aged mother, two daughters, deceased's wife want to do haq tyag (relinquishment deed) in favour of deceased's son. So he will be single owner. Now the questions arises as follows:-

1. Sub Registrar has denied to register relinquishment deed without seeing the original registry of the concerned property. Original registry is kept in the custody of the bank as mortgaged property. Whether registrar is legally right in saying so. There is a difference of opinion on this.

2. Whether such relinquishment will attract stamp duty which is already paid on the mortgage of the property to the bank. (Here I am not asking stamp duty on relinquishment deed, I am asking stamp duty on Equitable Mortgage, please note that there is no enhancement in loan amount).

3. Bank is saying that relinquishment can not happen of a mortgaged property and first it will have to release the property by taking approval from competent authority and then re mortgage of the relinquished property with new owner will take place, but this will attract heavy stamp duty to us. Stamp Duty in MP on EQM is max. Rs. 10 Lacs which will get attracted in this case. Can this be not done after taking NOC from the bank instead of releasing the property from mortgage.

4. If we give NOC of the bank to the sub-registrar for relinquishment then also he may insist for show of original registery and deny to register haq tyag.

Idea is only to save heavy stamp duty and get the work done.


To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Expert : R.K Nanda

Posted On 11 January 2017 at 17:01

Click to Talk

contact local lawyer.

Expert : Rajendra K Goyal

Posted On 11 January 2017 at 19:42

Registrar is not registering the relinquishment deed, may not agree without proper court order which is time and cost consuming.

Mortgaging again would attract heavy stamp fee.

It would be better to approach court for proper orders.

Discuss in detail with local lawyer.

Expert : Ms.Usha Kapoor

Posted On 12 January 2017 at 04:51

Agree with experts.

Expert : rajeev sharma

Posted On 12 January 2017 at 21:11

Your first question- demand made by sub registrar is not legal. In case he wants to accertain ownership of it may be done by presenting a certified copy of sale deed. Second qst - property once mortgaged remains mortgaged till redeemed. In case of default the bank may exercise all legal rights against the property irrespective of the fact who owns that. So no remortgage of the property is required. Remember charge is always on the property not on the person.
Engage a good lawyer and get your problem solved.

Expert : Adv. Yogen Kakade

Posted On 14 March 2017 at 14:41

I agree with the experts.



You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics