One of the witness identified me

Sir/ Madam,

I had a case on money laundering. One witness gave statement to police that he has submitted documents to me. In court he identified me that he has given doc but couldn't show to court, any receive signed by me.So is it will go against me or not. The witness could not show any docs where I had signed. One thing more as i am new to court when statement recorded it is typed " it is not a fact that accused is innocent" what does it mean? Why it is written so? Kindly explain.

When witness examined by the prosecution not identified the relevant document and your signature thereon and no credence can be given to the testimony of such witness. You may stay cool. Secondly the over all evidence will be considered by the Court and simply a stray sentence is written like "it is not a fact that accused is innocent" does not effect your innocence. Better take second opinion on the documents and evidence produced by the prosecution. At the fag end get file a written arguments prepared by an experienced advocate practicing on criminal side so that you get acquittal on lacunas in prosecution case.

At the present juncture, it is your advocate alone who can guide you.

SUBRATA CHAKRABORTY (Querist)

Thanks Respected kishan Dutt sir . Sir if prosecution can't submit received copy signed by me, and the witness who have identified me, is it will be any harm to me? As there is no papers where I had signed. Prosecution couldn't submit any such. So they r pressuring on accused identification. How it can affect case?

It would go against prosecution.
However, consult your lawyer for appropriate guidance and proceeding.

what is chahte

shat is role or witness

×