Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Family Law > Living with second women without divorce to first wife

Please Wait ..

Living with second women without divorce to first wife (Family Law)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : Anonymous

Posted On 14 June 2011 at 23:45

Dear Expert,
wife have no interest in married life and having kids. She does all house hold work, job but do not want to keep any marital relation with husband. Husband have offered her good money for mutual divorce also , but due to social stigma, she wants to keep married status. Wife is not willing to divorce because reputation of her parents, social stigma. She is telling husband to keep another women for his marital needs . Husband can have kids from second women. She will give her name as mother for kids of second wife.. If husband contests divorce case it will take at least 7-8 years. They are married from last 8 years have no kids . Husband want to marry to another girl , which his wife will finalize. He will not show legally he is married to another women.. First wife is already sleeping in separate room from many years. Wife has agreed and promised she will cooperate with second wife, second wife can stay with husband.
Husband has also agreed, he will take care of first wife even if second women comes in home. Legally this is wrong..
But can husband keep second women without showing as second wife.. he will not mention his name in relation with second women. Current marriage is not working only because of marital relations, wife is not at all willing to give divorce legally. What is best solution to meet objective of both husband and wife?


To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 


Posted On 15 June 2011 at 00:26

I can not encourage this kind of relation. It is between the husband and wife to decide what type of relation should be there.

Expert : Devajyoti Barman

Posted On 15 June 2011 at 00:33

Click to Talk

What you are talking about family arrangement which is quite unheard of and of no legal sanctity at all.

Expert : R.Ramachandran

Posted On 15 June 2011 at 06:35

You are asking for trouble from all sides.
It will all happen in fantasy world - but law is against your actions. Even if it takes time, better go in for divorce if you have proper grounds, rather than taking these unnatural steps.

Expert : Arvind Singh Chauhan

Posted On 15 June 2011 at 06:51

in such condition your fate will lie in your wife's hand & on her mercy. If u are a govt. Servant u may loose job.

Expert : Advocate. Arunagiri

Posted On 15 June 2011 at 06:57

Best solution is divorce and get married for the second time.

Dont invite problems by doing the illegal marriage.

Expert : prabhakar singh

Posted On 15 June 2011 at 07:32


Author : Anonymous

Posted On 15 June 2011 at 08:06

thx all for valuable advice...
On what grounds husband can make it strong divorce case and get justice faster.

Expert : Ravikant Soni

Posted On 15 June 2011 at 16:29

I regard my seniors but i went thru this kind of situation in a case i handled.

Husband got exparte decree of div. against first wife as wife was impotent but reluctant to abandon husband.

Later on after limitation period of appeal has passed the husband re-married with another girl.

Getting knowledge of this second marriage first wife came to me for advice.
I filled a pet. for set-aside exparte decree passed in favor of husband.
Notice served upon husband. Then both came to me stating that they want to save both marriages.

Husband prayed and not opposed to court in setting-aside decree passes as such mentioned above. After if husband withdrawn his divorce petition.

Afterward the question arose that the second marriage is valid or not??

I put this question to all learned members of this forum. May you please reply.



You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics