Limitation period for s.452 of ipc

09 December 2011

What is limitation period for filing complaint against offence u/s. 452 of IPC

To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at lciconnect@lawyersclubindia.com 

Rajeev Kumar (Expert)
09 December 2011

There is no limitation period for filing the complaint is prescribed by law as per as my knowledge but it should be filed as early as possible after the incidence according to various supremecourt judgements

raj kumar makkad (Expert)
09 December 2011

It is necessary to generate confidence in the mind of court that a particular offence has taken place and no any court shall believe that the person who suffered such offence remained silent for a considerable period. In delayed initiation of the criminal/legal action on the part of complainant, malafide intension cannot be ruled out so the complaint should be made immediately without much delay.

Shonee Kapoor (Expert)
09 December 2011

NO LIMITATION, but I agree with Ld. Mr. Makkad.

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

prabhakar singh (Expert)
09 December 2011

NO LIMITATION but any crime incident is required to be promptly reported else it is treated concocted.

V R SHROFF (Expert)
10 December 2011

Any delay create suspicion in the mind of judge, that you calculated something to intentionally harass accused, and is your afterthought. you are bound to explain delay.
u/sd 468 of cr.p.c, any offence with punishment of upto 3 years, Limitation period to take cognizance of offence is limited to 3 years.
in this case , there is no such limit.

Devajyoti Barman (Expert)
11 December 2011

yes agreed..

×