Home > Experts > Civil Law > Formation of apartment owners association

Formation of apartment owners association (Civil Law)

Author : Barani Prasad

Posted On 24 April 2012 at 19:22

I have purchased an apartment two years ago in which 16 apartments are there as per my sale deed signed by the owner. The last unit was sold around a year ago. The building is located in Bangalore, Karnataka

1. The builder had build two pent houses and party hall on the terrace. As per the builder the party hell belong to the residents. It was told out of the two pent housed he has sold one (I doubt it s true) and in other he allowed his relative to stay. I understand that the pent houses are illegal. Is the sale or use of the pent by the builder is legal and how to vacate both the parties.

2. Since last was sold, four of us are calling for formation of owners association and register it. But many are refusing to agree. Is there a way to bring them all to form the association. The people are adamant and the maintenance of the building is going hay wire.

3. The lift at our floor is not working for last 8 months. We had informed to the builder and other people who are holding the accounts for maintenance of the building. We feel to stop paying for the lift maintenance and electricity charges consumed by the lift. Is that possible or how can we get the lift restored.

Expert : ajay sethi

Posted On 24 April 2012 at 21:54

form a cooperative society . more advantageous
let all members come together and make application to registrar for formation of society

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 24 April 2012 at 23:33

I do agree.

Expert : Shonee Kapoor

Posted On 24 April 2012 at 23:38

I also agree with Ld. Sethi.

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Expert : prabhakar singh

Posted On 25 April 2012 at 08:17

I too agree.