Claim procedure

This query is : Resolved 

29 February 2012

Respected experts,

Please find below the details

My Friend’s mother worked in State Palmgur and Fibre Marketing Co-operative Federation, located at 32, Gengu Road, Egmore, Chennai - 600 008. She took VRS in 2003. She died in 2005. She worked in the Federation for nearly 20 years. She applied for PF and Gratuity amount after taking VRS.

She was given information that her name was in the waiting list and she would get her money soon. But 9 years over. So far after several follow ups and phone calls to the Office located in Egmore, My friend was informed that the Federation has not got money. Already people working there were not given salary for 3 - 4 months.

Federation has to give the PF and Gratuity amount of Rs.85,000/- to my Friends’s mother.
Now what is the procedure to get the amount. Please guide us.
Thanks & Regards
Cell : 9444151658
Mail :

raj kumar makkad (Expert)
01 March 2012

The matter is highly delayed but even then issue a legal notice followed by civil suit.

Sudhir Kumar (Expert)
01 March 2012

you are mistaken. Federatin does not have to give PF. EPFO has to give. They have stattutory powers to recover from the company even if she has retired. The issue is not time barrred unless the EPFO has assessed the default and allowed the amount due to her to be escaped and 5 years have passed such assessement.

Other dues are time barred.

R.K Nanda (Expert)
Click to Talk
02 March 2012

Dear Client,
Send a legal notice to FED. to pay dues
failing which file suit for recovery.

Please feel free, if you require more advise, then contact me on Mobile Via Path Legal.

All the Best.


V R SHROFF (Expert)
02 March 2012

pf & gratuity cannot be delayed. Co have to pay it within a week / a month of retirement.

02 March 2012

Thank You Experts,Thank you for your advce

Shonee Kapoor (Expert)
04 March 2012

Never mention my friend.


Shonee Kapoor

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

web analytics