Change of advocate

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
22 August 2011

Dear Sirs,
Please tell me if I can change my advocate who doesn't efficiently handle my case in the lower/district court?? Is there any limit to changing my advocates??? What is the proceedure to adopt,if any,when changing the advocate....apart from filing new fresh vakalatnama??

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert)
22 August 2011

There is no limitation to change the advocate during the pendency of the suit, you can change an advocate at any time. If you want to change an advocate, your present advocate will have to endorse on the vakalat as " No objection" if he is not ready for that then you will have to issue notice to termination to that advocate.

Kiran Kumar (Expert)
22 August 2011

there is no limit of changing lawyers, but it is advisable that such a decision shall not be taken in haste....

but if you are not satisfied, get NO OBJECTION from the previous counsel and engage another one...

ajay sethi (Expert)
Click to Talk
22 August 2011

each lawyer has his own style of functioning . frequent changes of advocate may boomerang on you . however if services are not satisfactory obtain NOC from earlier advocate and file fresh vakalatnama of new advocate . please settle his bills first

K.S.Srinivas (Expert)
22 August 2011

I agree with the experts.

DISHA. SHAH (Expert)
22 August 2011

agree with experts

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert)
23 August 2011

I also agree with experts.

prabhakar singh (Expert)
23 August 2011

every expression of advise is agreeable to me and valuable for you.legally we are agent and our agency can be terminated any time,noc is to ensure that nothing is due as fees.

girish shringi (Expert)
27 August 2011

I am agree with Mr. Ajay Sethi.

Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert)
27 August 2011

You can change the advocate any number of times.

But, by frequently changing your advocate, you will be wasting your time in updating him the case details.

Of coarse it is a loss of money.

R.Ramachandran (Expert)
27 August 2011

I am really happy Anonymous was only asking for changing the Advocate, for whatsoever reason.

Last week, one client approached me and asked whether there is any way whereby he can have the Judge changed - since he is not satisfied with the Judge! I explained to him a small story, where the Manager was under constant trouble because some time the driver said that the vehicle's break has to be changed; sometimes the headlight has to be changed; some times the corborattor; sometimes, the front tyres; some times the back tyre; some time the wiper; some times the crank shaft; sometimes the steering wheel etc. Ultimately, the Manager said that everything would become allright once we change the Driver! I politely advised the client to change his Attitude instead of trying to change anything else.

Compared to the person who wants a Judge to be changed, Anonymous is far better - he is only wanting to change the Advocate for certain reasons.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu