Blank Cheque submitted by bank

This query is : Resolved 

09 January 2019

Sir, i had taken personal loan from axis bank 2 years back, but due to loss of job i was unable to pay the emi and finally became npa, they had taken blank cheques during the disbursement and now they have filled it and submitted it and it got bounced because of insufficient amount in my account in another bank, can they file criminal case against me?

P. Venu (Expert)
09 January 2019

Yes, they can. However, before filing the case, they need to serve a Notice upon you. You have a good defence if the reply to the Notice is tactfully drawn up.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
10 January 2019

It is presumed that the Bank is not doing any charitable advances.
Why not ?
It is obvious the bank shall (definitely) file criminal complaint / complaint for dishonour of cheque / recovery suit against you.

Sudhir Kumar (Expert)
10 January 2019

Cetainly they can file criminal case.

They will file sure for certain.

That is the reason they have got the cheque bounced.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu