The gangster Vikas Dubey caught
- After a 6 day long manhunt, Vikas Dubey the UP based gangster is now in police custody.
- He was wanted on the charge of killing 8 policemen last week in a raid at his home. He carried a cash reward of Rs5 lakh.
- On 9th July, when he tried to enter the Mahakal temple in MP, the police was informed by a guard, although this is still a matter of question whether the gangster was arrested or he surrendered, according to the MP police, they arrested Dubey when he was leaving the temple.
Who is Vikas Dubey?
- Vikas Dubey is an absconding history-sheeter, a gangster turned politician, based in Kanpur.
- He was the prime accused in the murder of BJP leader Santosh Shukla in 2001 along with 2 police officials.
- He is also named in the murder of Siddheshwar Pandey, the principal and assistant manager of Tarachand Inter College.
- Apart from these murders, Dubey is charged with 60 criminal cases including murders, rioting, extortion, kidnapping and other violent crimes.
What happened on the day of the raid?
- On 4th July, 32 policemen from 3 police teams reached Bikru village(Kanpur) after the midnight, for a raid at Vikas Dubey's house in order to arrest him.
- But instead, Dubey's men seemed to be informed about the raid and were well-armed. They also placed JCBs to obstruct the police vehicles. As soon as the police reached his house, Dubey's henchmen opened fire on the officials.
- As a result of the open firing, 8 policemen died and 7 policemen were injured.
- After the encounter, the entire house was searched, and 2 kg of explosive substances, 6 country-made pistols, 15 crude bombs and 25 cartridges were recovered.
WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THE ARREST OF VIKAS DUBEY? WAS IT A SURRENDER OR AN ARREST? MENTION YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.