Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Implementation of MWPSC Act

profile picture Guest    Posted on 11 March 2015,  
  Share  Bookmark

The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has been making efforts by persuading the States/ UTs from time to time to effectively implement the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 Act in letter and spirit so that the senior citizens are benefitted in their respective States/ UTs. The Ministry has requested the State Governments/UT Administrations to submit a yearly progress report regarding implementation of the Act within the month of May every year. Apart from pursuing the matter through written communications, the issue has been raised at various forums including, inter-alia, during the Regional Conferences of Secretaries of Social Welfare Departments, during visit of the nodal officers to their respective States etc. 
The Ministry of Home Affairs has issued two detailed advisories dated 27.3.2008 and 30.08.2013, to all the State Governments/UTs advising them to take immediate measures to ensure safety and security and for elimination of all forms of neglect, abuse and violence against old persons through initiatives such as identification of senior citizens; sensitization of police personnel regarding safety, security of older persons; regular visit of the beat staff; setting up of toll free senior citizen helpline; setting up of senior citizen security cell; verification of domestic helps, drivers, etc. 
This information was given by the Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Vijay Sampla in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha, yesterday. 
"Loved reading this piece by Guest?
Join LAWyersClubIndia's network for daily News Updates, Judgment Summaries, Articles, Forum Threads, Online Law Courses, and MUCH MORE!!"

Tags :

  Views  1521  Report

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query