LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaik (business)     02 May 2022

wrong income tax returns misusing PAN data

In one meeting related to wife is facing trouble by husband who filed wrong income tax returns showing higher income for wife as she is not so educated. she is telling he did this only to reduce maintenance amount.

where to complain?


 2 Replies

VARUN MAHAJAN (Proprietor)     03 May 2022

This can be resolved but returns cant be corrected 
1) Cyber Crime (lodge an FIR)

2) Change ur password at the earliest in Income Tax Portal

3) Intimate Income Tax Department by writing a letter to the Assessing Officer of your jurisdiction regarding the same and do file a complaint regarding this in the Income Tax Department to take necessary action at the earliest.



Vrinda   03 May 2022

Hello sir,

If PAN Card of one has been misused, one must report the misuse of PAN cards.
The Income-tax department under the Indian Government has developed an electronic website to file PAN Grievances through Aayakar Sampark Kendra (ASK). Therefore, you can follow the steps discussed below to report a misuse after you spot one in your PAN.

  • Step 1: Visit the official portal of TIN NSDL. Search for the customer care section on the Home page. 
  • Step 2: Select the “Customer care” tab. It will open a drop-down menu. 
  • Step 3: Click on "Complaints/Queries" from the drop-down list. It will open a complaint form. 
  • Step 4: Fill this form with your accurate data, describing the nature of the complaint. Enter the Captcha code and click on “Submit"

Hope this solved your query!


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register