LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

1234567890 (NA)     05 February 2011

Working beyond official hours & mis conducted by senior

Hi all, after coming across this forum today I am not able to stop myself from posting this query of mine.

I work for a private telecom co.. Work pressure are tremendous here.

Is there any provision of getting additional salary for working beyong office hours (co. does not have any such policy to pay for overtime). By over time I mean working on saturday's & snday's and beyod official working hours. We are made to work during weekend from home too & always connected to oficial domain thru mobile as this industry operates on 24*7hrs mode. While driving also we have to keep talking calls from seniors.

Due to such high pressure of work our personal life gets impacted.

What I know about foreign countries that after office hours its your choice to work & no body can force you to do office work. Will this type of culture will ever be thought for India.

What actions can be taken against the seniors who verbaly does misconduct & harash  and keeps on demotivating. While working with the co. what action an employee can take against such behavious.

What are the tools available legally in such case. Pls let us know. Thanks.

Learning

4 Replies

1234567890 (NA)     05 February 2011

Hi all, after coming across this forum today I am not able to stop myself from posting this query of mine.

I work for a private telecom co., Work pressures are tremendous here.

Is there any provision of getting additional salary for working beyond office hours (co. does not have any such policy to pay for overtime). By over time I mean working on Saturday’s & Sunday’s and beyond official working hours. We are made to work during weekend from home too & always connected to official domain thru mobile as this industry operates on 24*7hrs mode. While driving also we have to keep talking calls from seniors.

Due to such high pressure of work our personal life gets impacted.

What I know about foreign countries that after office hours it’s your choice to work & nobody can force you to do office work. Will this type of culture will ever be thought for India.

What actions can be taken against the seniors who verbally does misconduct & harsh and keeps on de-motivating. While working with the co. what action an employee can take against such behaviors & practices on overtime without extra pay.

What are the tools available legally in such case? Pls let us know. Thanks.

SUJIT S BHALEKAR (Sr. MANAGER-LEGAL)     07 February 2011

In every organization, there are set of rules framed which govern the organization.   You can peruse the same.  However, no one can force you to work beyond office hours in coercion and without your will.  You can very well put your grievance to the Ministry of Labour /commerce.  The deputed inspectors are on the frequent visits to various orgainzations to find out/report to any irregularity . The inspectors, on verifying the records can file/register the complants against the erronts. Apart, to use abusive languages in the office areas against females are inclined for criminal action.

Regards,

Sujit S. B.

(Guest)

Good suggestion, Sujit, povided the employee can get help of some honest labour inspector.

S.B.adil rahman (Legal Consultant )     17 February 2011

Before you proceed please go through the condition of your service agreement or rule book which you  had agreed at the time of taking the job. however, no law or rules can override the rules or laws of the country,who ever, he may be. These types of matters can be dealt jointly preferably through any association or employees forum and not individually.Consult any good labour lawyer who has knowledge and wisdom both and then step forward. Remedy is there but you have to try hard.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register