LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan Raj S (Student)     25 January 2012

Women's rights on parents property

My father has 5 brothers and three elder sisters. His 3rd sister got married on 1980. My grandfather was dead on 2002 and my grandma left on 2009. Our family property not seperated till now. My father took step 6 month back, but his sisters requirest him equal share in all the property which are in my grandfather name,and they want my grandma land to be seperated as 3 portions for them not for sons.

All Property are earned by my father & his brothers, but the property is registered to grandpa,grandma.

kindly clarify me the following.

1. Are they have eqaul rights in the property of my grandfather?

2. Are they have full rights on my grandma property?

3. Some property bought after their marriage,are they have rights on that?

Learning

1 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     25 January 2012

Daughters after 2005 have equal rights in the property. The fact that they are married does not make a difference. The property that belonged to your grand father has already devolved into 9 shares already. 1/9th share has become vested in your father, his brother, sisters and grandmother. It's just a matter of doing it physically now. 

With respect to the property of your grandmother - If it is her seperate property she can will it and exclude the daughters from the same. Otherwise it would devolve as aforesaid with everyone getting 1/8th share after her demise. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More