Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

YOGESH YADAV   13 October 2018

Witness importance in sale deeds

Sir,
My father purchased 7 acre land by his own income and 2 people's signed as witness on purchase deed. My father had 2 sisters one is married at the time of land purchase and other one unmarried not dependant on us because my grandfather had 14 acre land on his own name, he taking care of her.
My father passed away and land goes to my mother and my name. Now, my aunt want share in 7 acre land purchase by my father. The witnesses on deed now against me, and give affidavit in court that land purchased by my grandfather. So, my aunt's are entitled to get share in this property.

Is witness had any impact on my case. Is there affidavit effect on my case.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     13 October 2018

Dear querist,

When did your father purchase land ?

As per witness if your Grandfather purchased land then how come it is registered in your father name?       

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

YOGESH YADAV   13 October 2018

Is witness affidavit in court effect on deed.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 October 2018

The land purchased by your father is his self-acquired property where his (your father's) sister can not stake a claim.

Show the Sale/ Purchase deed to a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation, guidance and proceeding. However, if you are located in Delhi and feel may contact me (on appointment) at: Chamber No 647, 6th floor, Lawyer's Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, New Delhi- 110075 Cell # 9891152939 email: majjagdish@yahoo.com

manoj   14 October 2018

In my opinion sale deed is not required to be attested under law, since the parameters that are relevant for attestation of a document cannot be applied to in the context of proof of a document, which is not required in law to be attested. In my opinion once the registration of a document and execution thereof by the executant are not disputed, the document cannot be ignored. The attestor evidence will not harm you as my above suggestions. If you want I will provide authority 

V E MANOJ KUMAR

ADVOCATE

CELL NO 8686159292

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register