LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jeevan (Finance)     30 July 2014

Withdrawing 498a by wife admitting the false case

Any opinion of wife withdrawing 498a by admitting that the case was false and was filed under influence of bad people?



 6 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     30 July 2014



What opinion are you seeking? About the consequences or the procedure?




Sandeep Hegde(89 717 84 550) (Advocate)     30 July 2014

It's good to withdraw false case. It saves time, energy.




Sandeep Hegde


Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     31 July 2014

Dear Querist

What do you want from us???

state specifically

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     01 August 2014

False or not. 498a can not be withdarwn in any state except AP. It needs to be quashed on the agreement


You may be trying different options like witness turning hostile, in which case, the court/ police may act against the complainant for giving false complaint. (Whether in practise they do or not is not the question I can delve into.)




Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     02 August 2014

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 October 2014

Please raise a query based on law.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register