LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manik (Asst director)     19 December 2023

Withdrawal resignation and rejoining

Sir, i had served an autonomous body for month 1year 8 month after that i had resign on 2023 dec 16 & join state govt. Aided service,but not take money and don't submit document for salary starting,,,, but i know from my previous office they do not accepted my resignation till now bcoz executive meeting not done . Can I rejoin back my previous office??? Now i want to rejoin.

Please suggest can i have any possibilities for rejoin.

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 December 2023

Supreme court has held that :

It will bear repetition that the general principle is that in the absence of a legal, contractual or constitutional bar, a prospective resignation can be withdrawn at any time before it becomes effective, and it becomes effective when it operates to terminate the employment or the office-tenure of the resignor.

you can withdraw your resignation after you have resigned from the company, but remember to withdraw the resignation before you complete the notice period.

But sir I joined another post but not take salary and don not submit any documents....

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 December 2023

tIn the given facts, there cannot be a definite answer. Having joined the another employment, There are some inherent risks.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 December 2023

You can decide whether to withdraw the resignation or not based on your prevailing circumstances 

I am not satisfy with my new job.

is there any problem happen in future?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 December 2023

you are not relieved you can withdraw resignation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register