LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

needchange1 (sdfsdfasfs)     03 April 2015

Will i be able to pursue it now - land acquitiion

hello, my father had a land in banglore(owned between 1982 -2002) on the very main highways road close to 1.25 acres back in 2002 that he eventually sold out in 2003.. my dad passed away in 2010. i know of a incident back in 2002 where in the govt had to acquire some frontage of the land for some road extension and they paid a very meagre sum for it.. the market price for the land at the time was close to 1lakh per cent and they acquired close to 15 cents..which equates close to 15lakhs..but we were only paid 15k at that time..and this is because my dad and few others did not agree for the commission that the revenue department officer asked for and out of the frustration he wrote a small cheque of only 15k as the land assessed value in retaliation for being complained to higher authorities about his attitude and activity...it really took a big toll on my dad's health at that time and he eventually had to sell the property in 2003. i was young enough to understand all this at that time..but i literally remember seeing a cheque of rs 15000 that he received for at tha time. now i wanted to know. 1.is there anyway for me to get details of the acquisition by way of RTI even though the property had been sold out now and we are not the owner - 2. if it comes through that we had been under paid on this acquisition , is it possible for us to claim the amount now even though we are not the owner now. 3. does the new owner gets to claim any share in case if any settlement comes through. 4. since more than 10 yrs had passed, does filing a case still hold in the court of law..or digging this matter now makes any sense.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register