LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SRIHARSHA (CITIZEN)     28 February 2012

Will a acquitted case be a problem to get a govt job

Sir ,

i have cleared the all india written and interview for a government service. now the turn comes for police verification and the authorities have given me a ATTESTATION FORM which has some columns asking whether u have ever been arrested? if arrested convicted / acquitted an d details of the case? . in the year 2008 i have been allegedly arrested by the police and a false case have been put up by police under SECTION 447 IPC    stating that i have entered without permission into a government park. The METROPOLITAN MAGISTRATE HAVE QUASHED The case and have acquitted me. Sir, please tell me whether wiil it be a problem  for getting the job and how should i fill the attestation form should i mention that i had a case earlier. Please reply soon sir, it is very urgent as i am to be verified soon.

Thanking You,



 9 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     28 February 2012

If the case is quashed there is nothing to worry about it. 

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     28 February 2012

You won't face any problem in getting the job. However in my opinion you should mention about it in the form. Do not try to hide it as even if you do so they will verify everything about you from the police and if your statements are found to be false you will have to suffer. Also as the case was found to be false and as quashed, there is no need to worry about it.

jaykumtekar (Legal Advisor)     28 February 2012


First of all the MM does not have power to quash the case.  The power to quash the FIR is vested with the High court only.  In your case if it is a Honourable acquital then you should not face any problem in getting a job.  However, if you are acquitted under benefit of doubt then there is a possibility that you may not get a job.


Jay Kumtekar

SRIHARSHA (CITIZEN)     02 March 2012

thank you sir

SRIHARSHA (CITIZEN)     02 March 2012

sir, thank u for ur reply i have been acquitted by the MM. the person who has kept the case not attended the court for enquiry and also the witnesses statements have been closed since the court decided the case has been allegedly put by police . i have been acquitted .

SRIHARSHA (CITIZEN)     02 March 2012

thanks for ur kind advice madam

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 March 2012

There is nothing you can do. You cannot hide the facts.  It appears tht there is no case pending against you as of now and you have never been conviced. You can expect positive.

jaykumtekar (Legal Advisor)     15 March 2012

Dear Harsha,

Since you have been acquitted by the MM court no need to worry.  By the way I would like to know the section applied against you under the Indian Penal Code.

kumar   23 March 2018

hi harsha contact me at

or 9759539779 immediately i want to take an advice in a case so please contact me  please contact me


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads