LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surya kkkkk (software engineer)     24 August 2019

Wife remarried with out divorce

 wife remarried where in she and her brotherd had kept marriage pics and her friends commented happy married life in facebook

Query1:Please let me know can this be shown as proof of marriage and file case against here for bigamy under section 494 of IPC
Query2:Can I file divorse along with bigamy under section 494 of IPC case or its seperate case or bigamy case only enough

 Marriage pic of her 2nd marriage attached


 6 Replies

jayakumar.j (advocate)     24 August 2019

File divorce wherein everything would com to picture.

TGK REDDI   24 August 2019

I recommend both criminal and civil actions.

Shashi Dhara   24 August 2019

polyandry not bigamy. Take divorce urgently.without maintenance.if u file criminal case it may take heavy cost to u

Phani Kumar. D (Advocate)     27 September 2019

As per recent judgement of Apex court it is not suggestable to file criminal complainat against her U/s.494 IPC, but you can file it U/s.420 IPC cheating.

You can file petition for Diveroce

Ashley   06 April 2020

When I had similar situation, I looked for getting a divorce in california without a lawyer. It came in hand as far as I couldn’t afford lawyer and had to do it fast, may be it will work for you. 

Ramesh   26 October 2020

When you want to marry another man, you divorce your husband first. Second marriage is an offence under section 494 of ipc without divorce. If your husband lodges a complaint against you in this respect, living in association would also be considered as an act of adultery punishable by imprisonment. If you have any doubt then you may consider the help of Janak Law Firm.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads