Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     18 August 2015

Wife REFUSES to File Complaint Against Husband

Readers,

Monday, the 17th of August-2015, the Times Of India, Bangalore Edition as well as the newspaper ' The Hindu ' , carries an

article of the Wife of the Project Manager Husband, refusing to file a complaint against her husband.

The Husband, works for Thomson Reuters as a Project Manager.

The Wife is 37 and Husband is 45.

They have a daughter aged around 8.

The routine argument happens and in a fit of rage, he stabs her and attempts to kill himself.

Both of them survive.

Police try to obtain a statement from her.

She refuses and tells the doctor that the police is disturbing her and the doctors ask the police to go out.

Since it is an attempt to murder, the police try to convince her to file a complaint.

She refuses and says it was a 

' LOVE FIGHT ' between her and her husband and REFUSES to file a complaint.

Finally, the Police say they will take up a suo moto case and file it on it's own basis since it is an offence in their jurisdiction.

They persuade her father to file a complaint and gets it done.

But the Wife is firm and refuses to file a complaint against her husband.

The couple can approach the court for the compromise since the case has to be filed by the police, as per law.

That husband seems to be a lucky fellow that he stabs his wife and almost kills her, but she says it is LOVE FIGHT and refuses to file the complaint.

Readers, I am sure, many Men out there reading articles on lawyersclub, will say,

she deserves the title WIFE, in it's true sense.

She is caring, loving, practical and wise and highly alert to ensure that no public, no police, no advocate, no NGO, no women rights counsellor,...etc enter the sacred PRIVATE space between HUSBAND and WIFE.

HUSBAND-WIFE for each other, irrespective of what happens.

Here are both the links

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/stabbed-wife-refuses-to-file-complaint/article7542973.ece?ref=tpnews

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bengaluru/Bengaluru-techie-stabs-wife-twice-cuts-his-veins-in-panic/articleshow/48476124.cms

Learning

13 Replies

Krishna Murthy Pasupula (High Court Advocate )     18 August 2015

Indeed , her self (wife)saying it is a Love Fight , since she is right person to judge the private incident and required to give them first opportunity , because it is a family

(Guest)

What a wife !!!  Harr kisiko aise wife nahi milti.

Anand   18 August 2015

Sorry but I am reading that you people think its okay for no criminal proceedings to be initiated in cases of domestic violence where one spouse nearly killed the other spouse if both agree that it was just a "love fight" and agree to solve it amicably?

SuperHero (Manager)     18 August 2015

Woww.......

Anand   18 August 2015

Surely husband will be arrested without bail and charged for this regardless of whether wife files a complaint or not. Learned advocates I would be interested to hear in your opinion - a near manslaughter/murder cannot possibly be superceded by both spouses calling it a "love fight"....

Born Fighter (xxx)     18 August 2015

Both Police and wife is right. The police will have to investigate to find out whether the wife is refusing to file complaint due to any fear etc. 

However At the end what matters is what the wife says/wants. What happened between them only the 2 of them know , so its unable to judge or say whether it is right or wrong. 

Very rare to see such a woman in todays world though !!

Anand   18 August 2015

So its okay for one spouse to stab the other "as long as its stays between them both"?

Born Fighter (xxx)     18 August 2015

As per news article the husband was in depression, thats the loophole for law to take strict action, irrespective of what the wife says. 

Most likely nothing will happen to husband as wife is by his side (n both are safe). Attempting suicide also is no longer a crime/punishable as it was earlier (if im correct)

They both will resolve the matter citing psychological reasons/grounds that husband was undergoing psychiatric treatment.

However if that happens there is nothing to feel good about, its a dangerous situation for any couple including daughter to be in.

I walk alone (Asst Manager)     19 August 2015

As per my opinion, each & every Matrimonial case must be routed through certified cousellor. I strongly feel, most of the divorce cases start from Misunderstanding, Ego-clashes & difference of upbringing & ofcource unwanted intervention of elders in a couples life & decisions. I strongly feel, if a couple who are matured engough to say yes to their marriage are also intelactual enough to sort out the differences in between. We can not expect to match up different mind sets at one go & solve the problems & who's life dont have problems? I feel even the God also have problems but as it says, "Its all about attitude & perceptions" Just imagine, in our mortal life, what could happen if we start taking decisions only after listening to our elders? & what would happen to the couples' decision making process, when they wont be there anymore? Hence our elders must also understand their roles as guides not decision makers for the married couples. Be it brides family or even grooms family.

We have moved forward in our though process, but our legal system has not or may be their speed is very slow compared to our thought process & being the so-called "CLEVER THINKERS" some lawyers(read liars) mis-use the code of conduts in family laws(which are very very old)

I came to this website, trying to get a solution of my own problem, but got to know about many others which are even more serious than mine and also found some great moderators & lawyers whose advices are quite good.

Overall I understoon one thing, the day, the couple decides to move to court to solve their martial problem, the very same day, Marriage/Relationships are over forever. Hence, our legal system, must ensure, before the petition is filed by the couple, the case must be analysed by the counsellor (Even the DV & 498-As too), so that if at all any chances are there for solving the issue with mutual discussions must be given an opportunity.

Also to add, if any allegation, is hard or impossible to prove, has to be taken off from the law (like proving Impotency etc), Law must be clear, martial intercource taken place or not, what the point of citing the reason in an open forum? Similarly, extra marial affair by either of the spouces also must be proved & decision must be taken, what is the point of citing the reason? I believe it is not evident at all. These kind of changes must be taken into consideration. each family member has some reputation in society and that must be honoured by the court & lawyers too.

Our govt is talking about gender equality now-a-days, but, courts grant alimony (one time/recurring) why so? Laws must be simple for even a begger too. Why a husband has to hide his income from his wife while fighting a divorce case? why wife has to provide false evidences to prove his husband's income? Laws must be simple enough like a normal mathematical equation, (Husband's income + Wife's income) - (Joint Liabilities+ Financial Obligations of both partners) = Couple's disposable income and whomsoever is claiming money from the other, must have clear & certified proofs (Like Rental Agreement, expenditure statement of last 3 months etc) and then alimony claim must be given. Jointly aquired property must be devided euqeally or NOC must be obtained from the other party to retain. (Cont.)

(Guest)

Interesting read. !

stanley (Freedom)     20 August 2015

The height of stupidity is why the cops want to registerr a case against the husband is nothing but to abstract money from him :-) .

Atur Chatur (LAWYER ADVOCATE NOT REQD BECAUSE I FIGHT MYSELF PARTY-IN-PERSON (aturchatur@yahoo.com))     20 August 2015

Since it is a case STATE vs HUSBAND hence suo-moto is correct legally.

This innocent husband might fall in bigger trap in case the feminists try to mislead the lady in giving her statement later on against her husband because in that case husband will be in a bigger soup as he will by that time be highly unprepared.

The nest defense for the husband woul be to get her statements notarized & keep with him for later on. And not show those to cops & just keep as a record so that if the lady later on gets instigated by feminists spread over every hook & corner then only these statements will help. statements of her parents & ciose friends also shall be equally taken & kepy tin record to be used as a trump card in case needed as above.

Sooraj   20 August 2015

I FELT LIKE CRYING ON SEEING SUCH A LADY.

Kaash sabki patni aisi hi hoti

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register