Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satyabrata25   14 April 2022

Wife obtain and produced bank statement without court order or husband consent -divorce/maintainance

My wife has obtained bank statements without court order and submitted it in family court to support her maintenance/alimony  case. 

I have never gave my consent to the bank to provide any bank statement .

Its my salary account .

Shall I 

1. Directly write a letter to the concerned bank

2. Go via company HR/Legal team to approach the back via email

3. What should I do to wife here

4. I will change my salary account .

Please advice  .

Learning

8 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     14 April 2022

If this account is in your single name issue a legal notice to the bank for breach of trust and demand damages. 

It's my official salary account. I am surprised how they have the access to my account. Some internal guy have done it.

Shashi Dhara   14 April 2022

See whether court has ordered or not .

Court has ordered based on my salary declaration but wife has put my account statements without anyone permission or ask.this is illegal 

Divya Vijayan   16 April 2022

The wife has every right to know about the husband's salary after marriage. If she has gotten the bank statement through RTI or through a court order then no actions can be taken against her. Furthermore, the bank cannot share any statements to a third party without the consent of the account holder. The bank’s action was a clear breach of trust of the account holder's privacy.

satyabrata25   16 April 2022

There is no court order or my consent. Its obtained illegally 

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     16 April 2022

As already advised you can sue the bank for breach of trust and demand damages. 

Divya Vijayan   16 April 2022

Originally posted by : Divya Vijayan

The wife has every right to know about the husband's salary after marriage as mentioned in Aravind Kumar vs. Chief Commissioner of Income Tax 2020. If she has gotten the bank statement through RTI or through a court order then no actions can be taken against her. Furthermore, the bank cannot share any statements to a third party without the consent of the account holder. The bank’s action was a clear breach of trust of the account holder's privacy. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register