LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kavitha. ravindra (QA)     27 March 2013

Widow's and her minor daughter's rights

Respected sir, I am kavitha ravindra, My marriage was a love marriage, which was legally registered in Arya samaj,  I have a daughter.  Initially my in laws did not accept me and daughter, later after 2 years there was harrasment on me by my hubby, and in laws which went to DP case in the court, after 5 long years, My husband was good and wanted to live with me and at that time he was addicted to so many medications, for which I moved and wrote as per my inlaws stating that I gave a fault case and we both want to live together.  Later on, My husband and I were living happily, understanding each other well.  After which we used to go to my inlaws house and functions.  During this my husband and I used to work and gave all our earning to my father in laws, during this time my husbands health started deteriorating also, i had placed him for rehab also for deaddiction.  Later, he could not continue, so he resigned from his job, and all the PF amount was also given to my father in law only. I maintained the house in my earnings, to my bad luck my husband had fever and he expired on 18/1/2011.  My  sister in law was living together with my inlaws only, after her marriage, she was not letting me to go there.  After my hubby death, she sent the body for autopsy stating she has a doubt on me and during this period until the report came, they started harrasing me stating we will do this that, I was lonely left alone with my daughter.  My aged parents sheltered me and my daughter.  Now, my husband had policies, I know one policy of bajaj allianz, all of the policies were nominated in my father in laws name only.  Now, I got one policy details only which they have settled to my father in law, when I asked they told not such policy was done by my husband.  Now, they have done gift deed of all their property to my sister in law.  My father in law was a central govt, BEL employee, in Bangalore and he got a site also from that organization also.  My mother in law was also govement employee, even she got a site, and they have purchased 4 more property, the details of which I don't have.  My question is do not we have any shares in their property, dont we have any rights, dont my daughter have any rights, how will I proceed to get the policy amounts atleast. I am working and taking care of my old parents and daughter, my earning is only enough for rent, medical and food and school, pls suggest me what can be done for this.

My mail ID is kavitha.ravindra1@gmail.com.  Pls do the needful.   

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register