LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Who will pay judgement debitor money if jd dies

Dear Sir,


I am a Decree holder in one of the judgement as per High Court.  Now the JD dies but while he was

staying in my house, JD was staying with his son family and JD's wife.

Since the situation has changed due to death of JD,  who will pay the debts to the DH.


Best Rgds

Iqbal Singh


 2 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     20 March 2012

JD's heirs and his property.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     20 March 2012

The decree would be satisfied by LR's (His sons/daughters/wife etc) of Judgement Debtor (Ord. 21 R.16/S.49 CPC). However remember their liability is not personal, they would be under obligation to pay only when they get property from their father, and to the extent of their respective shares. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register