LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     16 September 2009

who is the lawyer?

A defendant in a lawsuit involving large sums of money was talking to his lawyer. "If I lose this case, I'll be ruined." "It's in the judge's hands now," said the lawyer. "Would it help if I sent the judge a box of cigars?" "Oh no! This judge is a stickler or ethical behavior. A stunt like that would prejudice him against you. He might even hold you in contempt of court. In fact, you shouldn't even smile at the judge." Within the course of time, the judge rendered a decision in favor of the defendant. As the defendant left the courthouse, he said to his lawyer, "Thanks for the tip about the cigars. It worked!" "I'm sure we would have lost the case if you'd sent them." "But, I did send them." "What? You did?" said the lawyer, incredulously. "Yes. That's how we won the case." "I don't understand," said the lawyer. "It's easy. I sent the cigars to the judge, but enclosed the plaintiff's business card."

awaiting ur views on this joke or ...................................

Learning

7 Replies

ritu bhadana (advocate)     16 September 2009

Quite funny..........poor plaintiff

(Guest)

He is not a judge. A judge must act upon the lawsuits. He should not do injustice to the Plaintiff (as mentioned) above. He has to take action against him for bribing but not against his law suit.

Sailesh Sarmah (Advocate)     16 September 2009

Just a Joke! Can we take it that way..

Sachin Bhatia (Advocate)     18 September 2009

God one,Take it eassy Mr.P.SATHYA PRAKASH, its just a joke

(Guest)

Thanks Mr.Sachin

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     27 September 2009

EXPLAIN WHO IS D LAWYER???????????????????????

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     27 September 2009

?.????????????????????????????????///

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register