Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

WHO is NATIOAL HERO for BHARATRATNA - Anna OR A Cricketer ?

Page no : 2

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     25 April 2011

WHAT IS THE REASON FOR NOT PASSING THE BILL LAST 42 YEARS ?

they will be succeded in cutting his ( BETTER TO SAY ALL THOSE GREAT MEN) personality in a low profile before these so calleds

---   AGREED.

The process is as much important as the product.

---   YES IT IS A GOOD LOGIC.

BUT IN THE NAME OF QUALITY OF A PRODUCT, IF WE STOP THE WHOLE PROCESS (AS HAPPENING LAST 42 YEARS) - WHICH GROUP WILL BE BENIFITED?

THE PRO CORUPTION GROUP.

THEREFORE THEY ARE MORE INTERESTED TO STOP THE PROCESS BY HOOK OR CROCK.

Ambika (NA)     25 April 2011

All the more reason to have a committee with members who invoke respect, and not go back to the dark ages when all male decisions on matters of weight were a norm. Would the committee or even Anna Hazare would be able to explain this lacunae? And this is a glaring lacunae? Why also there is not even a single member from Dalit community? In all these years of progress, does the country lack knowledeable women and member from oppressed class to contribute to drafting the bill? 

I am not beating aournd the bush, as Kushan ji has expressed. I am talking in a direct and non confusing language.

the thread question is -  WHO is NATIOAL HERO for BHARATRATNA Anna OR A Cricketer

but  now we wre discussing about the drafting of the bill, how it is sifted?

Ambika (NA)     25 April 2011

A post from a fellow being from North East( Name withheld) ...

As a person from North East India, I believe Anna Hazare should have been arrested and force-fed like Irom Sharmila by Indian Government. But then some people are more Indian in India then others". 

Implied in his view is the answer to the thread's question also. 

Not that this person does not want a Jan Lok pal bill or that he is any the lesser supporter of anti corruption campaign! But look at the hard truth in what he says...

(Guest)

I'm sorry but who is this Irom Sharmila and what is the matter?

Democratic Indian (n/a)     25 April 2011

"I believe Anna Hazare should have been arrested and force-fed like Irom Sharmila by Indian Government."

Is it not weakness or hypocracy of our democracy. Have we not become slaves of mammon and have been dehumanised as votebanks. Irom Sharmila does not have following of a large vote bank that can rock the Central Government, hence why should GOI bother?

"I'm sorry but who is this Irom Sharmila and what is the matter?"

Please refer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irom_Chanu_Sharmila

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Ambika
" A post from a fellow being from North East( Name withheld) ...

"As a person from North East India, I believe Anna Hazare should have been arrested and force-fed like Irom Sharmila by Indian Government. But then some people are more Indian in India then others". 

Implied in his view is the answer to the thread's question also. 

Not that this person does not want a Jan Lok pal bill or that he is any the lesser supporter of anti corruption campaign! But look at the hard truth in what he says... 
"

We are well aware that who are the enemies in the Govrnance & Administation those are against "ONE INDIA".  Watching this I would suggest a provision should also be there in Jan-Lokpal Bill that those misusers of powers of the post (let them be IAS, Judge or Miniter whosoever) will be found they will be first thrown in public where the public can beat them by SHOES after that any further action will be proceeded further.  

Ambika (NA)     26 April 2011

Who is Irom Sharmila....every Indian must know, nay the entire world should know who she is.....

Manipur: Irom Sharmila completes 10 years of fasting

Imphal, Manipur:  On the world's longest hunger strike, Irom Sharmila has completed ten years of fasting over human rights abuses in Manipur and promises to continue. 

Silently but forcefully, she is highlighting the rarely reported decade-long insurgency in Manipur and the government's response to it with Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA), something she opposes.

Irom Sharmila Chanu is a poet, a writer and an activist. She was brought to the jail ward of Jawaharlal Nehru Hospital at the age of 27. Now ten years have passed in solitary confinement.

In the year 2000, she had pledged a fast-unto-death against the imposition of AFSPA in Manipur. She was arrested and since then kept in custody - force fed with a tube.
    When we met her, a cheerful Irom Sharmila seemed more determined than ever to continue with her fast. She, however, did not wish to talk much.

NDTV: In Manipur ten years back, there was a 27-year-old girl who sat in Malom for a protest. Ten years later, what do you see when you look back? 

Irom Sharmila: Let us realise why we are here in this world. How and when we will go away from here? This is our duty to just self-realise.

This was a rare interview opportunity for both of us. But the one-hour, so hard-earned, was spent mostly in edgy silence. As if she was asking, 'I am living the struggle...I am living my protest...what more can my words give you that my life already doesn't?'  

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     27 April 2011

Should we confer Bharatratna to a Circus Clown like the Cricketers/ Hockey etc; or a Hero or Heroineof Bollywood as if they are real life Hero or Heroine? Each is great in their own profession so leave at that. Just because a man or a Woman is honored with Bharatratna does he or she becomes Great? even without Bharatratna we know who is great and who is not great dont we? So why so much to debate over it.

pradip shah (partner)     28 April 2011

No comparison, ANNAJI, allthe way.

pradip shah (partner)     28 April 2011

No comparison, ANNAJI, all the way.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     07 May 2011

If MG Ramachandran could have been given Bharat Ratna, why anyone else could not be given? Is there any rule that only one can be given Bharat Ratna? Both can be given. But if there is some kind of priority Anna would come first. Both A and H come before S and T in the alphabetical order. But don't recommend too many. Our President's frail hands will get tired.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register