LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreedhar Sunkara   04 January 2022

Who can file complaint u/s 340

Who can file a complaint u/s 2240 crpc?

Accused or her representative? if so what is the procedure?  Does Accused required to give consent in writing to his/her representative? Representative here is not advocate


 1 Replies

Aryan Raj   05 January 2022

In response to your query,

Anyone who has sufficient knowledge of the case and has complete trust of the accused has the right to file a complaint undesr section 340 of crpc. For filing of complaint there has to be an unimpeachable evidence on record and the complainant deposes falsely about that evidence, the 340 CrPC is invoked.

It will be safe to take a written statement from the accused for her consent before filing the complaint or I would rather suggest let the accused take the responsibility herself.


Aryan Raj

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query