Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev Kumar (Professioanl Social worker)     29 January 2010

whether weightage of Relevant higer qualication in interview

Dear All,

I had appeared in a interview for the post of counsellor in Company ( Govt Undertaking)

the role of counsellor was to deal with behavioural problems of employee.

the basic qualifaction was MA (Psychology).

I have the extra Qualication apart from  Basic Qualification that is M.Phil.

I have experience of work  in mental health set up for many years.

I was not selected in interview.  I had filed the RTI. then I got to know that there was not any expert of mental health in interview.

in the reply of RTI Company denied that there is not extra weightage for relevant higher qualification and experience.

I Believe that relevant higher Qualification and working experience increases the efficiency of candidate for the post the has applied.

here my question is that

whether in the interview, higher qualification and working experience in the relevant area for post , give the extra weightage?

whether there is any govt rule for Interview that favour to giving extra weightage for higher qualication??

please reply

Rajeev

Learning

2 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     29 January 2010

The organization / department would have different set of rules for selecting candidates. It need not be necessarily that importance should be given to additional / higher qualified candidates.  You have to clearly go through the rules of selection of the particular department.  Rules of selecting candidates varies from department to department.  It is not a condition that more / highly qualified candidates should be automatically selected for the post.

Rajeev Kumar (Professioanl Social worker)     04 February 2010

Dear Mr Krishna

My question was not about the selecting candidate, becuase in the selection many  componant of eligibilty /qualifcation plays.

my question was, whether extra-relevant qualification+ relevant working experience must be given some weightage/ some marks?

definetely it might different rules for different departments, but in govt sector department , some where there must be uniformity of rules and regulation. i believe

please reply me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register