Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mani123456 (Engineer)     09 May 2011

where to deposit maintenance amount of wife

Hi,

I would like to deposit maintenance amount in the bangalore family court. Where can I deposit it?

Court has asked me to pay the maintenance before 10th of every month. I want  to

play safe and want to deposit it so that my wife can withdraw it and there is clear cut

proof that I have paid her maintenance.What is the procedure to deposit it?

Regards

Mani

Learning

7 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     09 May 2011

YOU MAY GIVE IT THROUGH CROSSED CHEQUE.

RECORD WILL BE THERE WITH YOU, WHENEVER SHE CASH IT.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     09 May 2011

YOU MAY ASK IT THE COURT FOR DIRECTION.

SOMETIMES COURT ALSO ACCEPT IT THROUGH CASHIER.

RECEIPT IS  MUST, WITHOUT IT SHE MAY GET CHANCE TO COMPLAIN.

Jamai Of Law (propra)     09 May 2011

Better deposit a crossed and dated cheque at nazer section of FC.

there are standard forms. fill it. get it ordered from the court. and deposit the cheque

mention all cheque number properly. Also check if separat execution petition is allotted or not.

It woon't be but cross check. also ensure you put correct case number of yours.

Any mistake will invite more hassles.

Before paying the cheque get photo copy of ordered sheet as well as cheque. and file it with you.

Depositing cash is also an option. but cumbresome for you.

Retain all receipts. Also if you are asked to pay cost as well then , deposit it as 'towards costs' accordingly

They create a separate register/ledger for your wife wherein she needs to give photo etc and id proofs and a witness during every withdrawl.

Ask wife about her bank a/c number and name of bank.

But I would suggest you not to give money or cheque directly to wife, unless court allows it so.

Otherwise one cna even do money transfer also, but wife may say it wasn't towards maintenance!! So again hassles....

You can also ask for nazer report as well over there for your records as well.

Adv Aileen Marques (Lawyer)     10 May 2011

You may also hand over the cheque to your wife in the court and request the Judge to record it in the Roznama. Normally a receipt is signed on the ledger paper (green paper) with a revenue stamp and kept as a record in such cases.

Victim_Kol (Middle Executive)     17 May 2011

U can pay directly in the court as  I am doing so for last 1 year. The Judge keeps a record and my wife's lawyer is handing me over a hand written money reciept with my wife and the lawyer's signature on it.

U can also pay to the treasury of the court with due deposite receipt.

Victim_Kol (Middle Executive)     17 May 2011

U can pay directly in the court as  I am doing so for last 1 year. The Judge keeps a record and my wife's lawyer is handing me over a hand written money reciept with my wife and the lawyer's signature on it.

U can also pay to the treasury of the court with due deposite receipt.

Vinay   02 December 2018

Can you please help me with the format or draft on how can I deposit the amount to the court treasury so that my wife can withdraw from the court directly on the interim maintenance. Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register