LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit   27 October 2020

What should seller do if buyer does not agree to pay after sale deed is signed

I am going to sell my property under municipality jurisdiction without any sale agreement with buyer. Buyer is saying that first I need to sign sale deed and then he will pay property amount at the registration date. And after that sell registration will happen. I mentioned the steps below. Step 1 ) Sale Deed will be prepared for Rs 10 Lac (say) where as agreed sale price is 15 Lac Step 2 ) Seller will sign on sale deed on registration date Step 3) Buyer will pay 10 Lac NEFT and 5 Lac by Cash on registration date Step 4) Seller will appear with in front of Register / Authority Please let me know whether I ( seller ) should sign before payment is done by buyer.? Is there any chance property will register after appeal ?

Learning

8 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     27 October 2020

Sale documents SHOULD NOT be signed without first getting the full amount of the property. 

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     27 October 2020

you have posted the same qry in different legal site and the same was answered. Pl peruse my reply.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     27 October 2020

Hello,

I agree with Kishorji that without payment seller should not sign the document.

Adv Vinay Mathur + 8447131770 (Advocate)     27 October 2020

You can't take more than 2 lakh in any rather any kind of transactions.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     27 October 2020

There is absolutely no limit on the value/amount that can be taken for a property. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 October 2020

Technically,  the actual consideration exchanged alone be mentioned in the sale deed. Rest is a matter of trust.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     27 October 2020

DON'T SELL YOUR PROPERTY,  If you have so many apprehensions.  Try to coordinate with a local Property Lawyer for your purposes.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 October 2020

Sale transaction without an agreement seems to be a hypothetical and fabricated story.

Contact, consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding, if there is some truth in your query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register