As of now, there is no federal law in India that prohibits Online Casino. However, as only States have the right to formulate laws related to gambling, there are several states which have taken steps regarding online casinos, for example:- In the State of Maharashtra, both in-person and online gambling is prohibited whereas in Goa and Sikkim, both of them have regulated gambling to some extent, but if you really want to determine the legality please go to the authority of the particular area and ask there whether they allow online casinos legally or not.
Coming to the part of user responsibilities, online casinos is a good way to relax and have some fun but one should also keep in mind that this remains as a fun activity alone and not become a addictive habit. Since, we do not have a specific law that talk about online casinos and the duties and responsibilities of users of online casinos, I can only inform you about some basic responsibilities of a person while gambling that he should keep in mind. These are:-
- affordability –One should only gamble within an individual’s affordable limits of time, money and other resources
- balance – It is very important to keep gambling in balance with other activities, responsibilities and priorities
- informed choice – One of the very essential responsibility of gambling is to exercise informed choices over gambling, which includes understanding the associated risk and knowing the likelihood of losing and winning
- control – It is very important to stay in control of gambling through self-regulating one’s own gambling and knowing when to stop
- enjoyment – It is important to take it as a leisure activity or relaxing activity and being motivated by it only for pleasure, entertainment and fun and not to win money
- harm-free – the absence of gambling-related harm to self and others.
I hope I was able to help you.