Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sufiyan   29 May 2020

What is the procedure after registering nc?

Dear Sir, Very recently, I lodged a complaint for non-cgnizable offence at a police station. Being a non-cognizable complaint. FIR can not be registered. However, the officer took our application/complaint and made some notings and said the N C offence was recorded. Now, as per the CRPC, this NC compaint has to go to a magistrate. However, I want to know the following. 1:- in what time frame, the NC complaint has be forwarded to magistrate? 2:- How can I know WHETHER it has been actually forwarded to magistrate or not? 3:- Can/should police do any preliminary investigation before the NC complaint is forwarded to magistrate? 4:- Once the complaint has been forwarded, and investigation has started, Is it possible to know about the updates on the investigation? Pl. guide me abt the above doubts. if possible, point-wise and with relevent section numbers of CRPC

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     29 May 2020

1. IF Police has registered an NC for your complaints, THEN it means that offences are not of cognizable type ELSE Police is bound to register an FIR for any cognizable offences, intiate investigation, file charge sheet in Court.

2. "AFTER"  Police has registered an NC, Police DOES NOT DO ANYTHING unless Court directs it to.

3. You will have to file a private complaint in the local Magistrate's Court, citing the NC and prove your case or seek directions from Magistrate to Police to investigate & initiate prosecution proceedings (as & IF applicable).

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Sufiyan   29 May 2020

Thank you very much sir appreciate your reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register