Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kavitha SG (Housework)     24 September 2018

What cases can be filed against illegal marriage ?

Respected Experts,

An appeal against divorce case is pending in the District court and in between the proceeding my husband performed illegal second marriage.

Now, I got the marriage registration certificate of his second marriage.

He is in US now with second wife.

Please advice now what cases I can file against him and his second wife along with rest family members.

Thanks in advance...



 7 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     24 September 2018

Dear querist,

Second marriage in substance of first marriage for a Hindu is illegal in India. You may book your husband under section 494 Indian Penal Code.


494. Marrying again during lifetime of husband or wife.—Whoever, having a husband or wife living, marries in any case in which such marriage is void by reason of its taking place during the life of such husband or wife, shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.



Deepak Joshi & Associates

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600



Very tough to prove.  You will waste time.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 September 2018

she said proof is there for second marriage certificate

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     24 September 2018

When marriage certificate is there no further proof is required, unless the said document is forged document.

Kavitha SG (Housework)     24 September 2018

Thank you, Experts...

Please let me know what else cases can be filed against husband except bigamy ?

harish vats   24 September 2018

he is enjoying.let him live his new innings with second wife...You girl didn't love him's ur filed case against him first.its ur mistake.if you HV guts you may too go for second marriage......Tiwari mam said correctly proving hlur hubby bigamy will not a child play.....
And now nothing can happen except mutual better will b to go to him and ask for mutual settlement .and enjoy ur life .otherwise he is enjoying now also

Kavitha SG (Housework)     28 September 2018

@ harish vats : First read the question properly.

I didn't ask your solo openion.My question was about to take the action against illegal act where as I have a strong proof of second marriage.

Remember one thing always : Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinched...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query