New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Md Nazeem Ali   04 August 2023

What action can be taken to correct the class 10 mark sheet of icse board

Mentioned date of birth record in the school is different from candidate as the school recorded DOB is 10/03/1991 incorrect but correct DOB is 10/03/1995.

But school doesn't want to correct the DOB. What steps can be taken 


 6 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     04 August 2023

Submit application to Board which have issued the certificate along with copy of evidence / proof of correct / claimed date of birth.

If no action is taken within a reasonable time issue legal notice followed by a suit for declaration through a local prudent lawyer. 

1 Like

Md Nazeem Ali   04 August 2023

I had done and followed all the guidelines as according to the rules of ICSE newspaper publications(the statesmen), affidavit, updated Birth certificate, aadhar, voter card, pan card all the documents submitted but still the school is not correcting sometimes it pushes to council and council pushes to school 5 since from 6 months..

And if i file suit for declaration through lawyer so it is sure that my marksheet will get corrected.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 August 2023

The school authorities cannot rectify the error in date of birth.

If the claim is within the framework of the board, they can do it otherwise they can reject it 

If this error occurred due to the mistake of board or school authorities, then you can approach court to direct the concerned authorities to rectify the error.

anubhav Bhatt   04 August 2023

Dear Client, In that case, you should approach the High Court by way of filling a writ petition. It's a speedy remedy compared to Suit for Declaration, and without a court order, the concerned department will not correct it, so when you feel free, contact us. Then I'll explain properly about your case.
Adv Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
📱 9198889990.

Kivi Assumi   05 August 2023

If we study the history of High courts in India, one will find the specefic relief power was with the High Courts, but on conferment of  writs Power on the High Courts the specefic relief power was taken away from the High Courts and  retained on the lower courts. As responded by Anubhav Bhatt, you may move the High Court as well as the Lower Court for a declaratory suit which is also akin to writ power.


1 Like

Advocate Kritika (Advocate at High Court Of Gujarat )     04 September 2023

Adcocate Kritika from Guj. High Court .

If you file a writ here in the above problem , for rectification of DOB in the marksheet , then High court can send you back , to approach the civil court below , hence it will be a lengthy process , so pl go to civil court first through proper channel  . U can get an easy remedy . 

For more guidance , feel free to contact me on , 9173411147

Attached File : 389996 20230904012324 img 20230904 wa0000.jpg downloaded: 20 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register