Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhinav Jaiswal   01 July 2023

Weather the judgement passed by family court u/125 maintenance case is appealable in the high court?

I am speaking on behalf of my sister; her CRPC 125 maintenance case has been disposed of from the family court granting her XYZ amount of maintenance from the date of order, but she is not satisfied with the judgment .Can we appeal against this decision in the high court, or a revision is preferred?

Some of the advocates suggested that we should go for an appeal, while others said revision is the only option. So, I am very confused, so if you can help, or if you have any references, that would be greatly appreciated.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 July 2023

Revision petition. you can file revision petition against the maintenance order under section 125 cr. p.c within 90 days from the date of of trial court order before the honble high court with the your credebile ground and documents

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 July 2023

The main case for maintenance under section 125 cr.p.c. has been disposed by the family court, hence an appeal would be maintaiable before the high court.

If it was an order passed in IA or cmp then a revision petition  would be the proper approach.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register