LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GobiKrishnaa   17 February 2016

Want to marry my girlfriend

Me and my girlfriend are Hindus. We are now living -in together. We want to get married but can't let both our families know. 

So I want to marry her and register it. She is also keen on getting married. Can I only marry her under Specail Marriage act or what? What are the procedures for marriage and registering it with a registrar?

I live in Coimbatore. Please help. 

Learning

7 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     17 February 2016

You are governed by Hindu Marriage Act. Registration is not compulsory. Marriage with witnesses as per your rites and rituals  are perfectally valid marriage.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     17 February 2016

Agree with Mr. HIRAL Thakkar. Hindu Marriage Act is better than Special Marriage Act.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     17 February 2016

I also agree with Mrs. Ranuka.

Please continue live-in-relationship as our Indian law is not proper and fit according to current Indian sociology.

It is fit for only money extortion rackets including judges, advocates, police officers and dishonest women. 

Sidharth   17 February 2016

Court marriage is best. Legal, less expensive, less future complications. 

GobiKrishnaa   22 February 2016

Thanks for everyone's advice. I respect the people who voiced their opinion for not marrying and just living in. But I have few good reasons to marry her and register it(mainly to get a marriage certificate)

Anyway, if I opt for court marriage, I think there is a need for a 30-day notice period. The thing is, the court notice would be sent to both our families/houses. We can't let our family know about the marriage. So I prefer to marry under Hindu Marriage Act

Please advise me on the process to marry her under Hindu Marriages Act. Can the marriage be done in a temple with just a few friends as witnesses? Can I get a certificate from the temple that my marriage is solemnized if only friends are present? How can I go from there to registering my marriage and get a certificate? Any help would be greatly appreciated

GobiKrishnaa   26 February 2016

Someone please advice me on the process

GobiKrishnaa   29 February 2016

If you can answer my question, you are welcome. But if you can't answer anything, that's fine too

And yes. I don't have a clue about how to go about it but I am very sure what I want. I can marry her in a solemnized way if our families support us. But it is not going to happen. So we are left with the only choice of marrying, with friends as witnesses

If you are going to give a reply like this, please pick up your trash and get the hell out of y post 

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register