LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K Vinay Kumar   04 March 2024

Walta act 2002

Hello everyone, i am vinay

Recently, i have planned to drill a borewell, due decrease in water level existing borewell. But my neighbour land owner raising objection for distance between borewells who drilled borewell after 6 years of my existing borewell. 

I have approached MRO, District Ground Water Department, and Collector office. They are not permitting.

I have 2 queries

1. Can i drill a borewell, considering the existing borewell situation, if yes procedure

2. If not, Procedure to close the my neighbour borewell


With regards



 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 March 2024

If there's a rule to obtain permission to dig fresh borewell then you have to obtain it, if you are aggrieved by the decision of the authorities concerned then you can approach High court with a writ petition seeking remedy 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 March 2024

Yes.If authorities not respond in writing in time, u can approach high court for filing writ petition 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register