LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Joseph   04 March 2023

Voluntary retirement under nps

Sir/Madam, I am working in railways for 15 years, I am seeking for voluntary retirement under NPS, I have seen eligibility in " railway establishment rules 2014" book and also from PIB by honorable minister Anurag Thakur statement on 2019, But when approached office, they are telling there is no O.M. regarding this, So I verified through RTI from DOPT, but there is no clarification. I attached above documents, please tell me how to deal it.

https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=192138#:~:text=Under%20NPS%2C%20there%20is%20a,of%2020%20years%20of%20service.

Learning

2 Replies

RAKESH ISHI   13 March 2023

If you have verified your eligibility for voluntary retirement under NPS through the Railway Establishment Rules 2014 and the statement made by the Honorable Minister Anurag Thakur in 2019, then you have a strong case for seeking voluntary retirement.

However, it is important to note that in some cases, the railway administration may require additional clarifications or documentation before approving a request for voluntary retirement.

In this case, since you have already approached your office and verified the matter through RTI from DOPT, but have not received a satisfactory response, you may consider seeking the assistance of a legal professional or a labor union to help you resolve the matter.

Alternatively, you can approach the higher authorities of the railway administration, such as the General Manager, to escalate the issue and seek a resolution. You may also consider filing a writ petition in the High Court if you believe that your rights are being violated.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 March 2023

for voluntary retirement you should have served for 20 years.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register