LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arvind Agrawal   11 September 2020

Violation of pollution control board norms

Dear Sir, My builder has been delisted by ministry of Pollution control board due to violation of not obtaing the environment clearance from state PCB. Still he built 990 extra flats and have been kept selling his flats. So far it seems to have been sold around 2000 flats out of 2174. What action can be taken up against the builder. Also can we seek stay order from court to ensure that he wont sell any further flats in this residential property. Can we seek criminal proceedings against him and seek compensation for damages done to our society for building more flats than he obtained the permission for?

Learning

2 Replies

seshadri dubey (none)     11 September 2020

File a RTI application before the PCB, seeking information regarding the sell.
you can make an application before the Municipal Corporation also. Then u better file case.

Arvind Agrawal   11 September 2020

Thx much for your response. I already filed an RTI with state pcb and got the response from them. They confirmed that

1. They have issued multiple show cause notice to the builder however none of them were responded by builder.

2. Even ministry of pcb , Delhi has sent reminder notices to builder and directed state pcb to take legal action against him but so far nothing seemed taken up.

3. This project was delisted by state pcb and instructed builder to not construct any further units without obtaining the Environmental clearance but builder has constructed all the said 2174 units and sold it various buyers. More than 2000 units already sold and builder is selling leftover units. 

So far, I have approached to various government authorities but nothing seems working. BUT the RTI response I got from State PCB, it looks like, I can approach to court to get stay order for stopping the sale of left over units. And also seek for damages made to us financially and mentally. 

Thx,

Arvind

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register