Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep singh   04 June 2020

victim after statement in court

ek victim criminal case me
apni session court me statement dene ke baad me victim compensation ke liye kaise apply kr skta hai..
kis section me compensation ke liye application deni hogi...
jo accused se compensation le ske??


 3 Replies


SCHEME FOR GRANT OF COMPENSATION UNDER SECTION 357 OF CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE; 1. The law which enables the Court to direct compensation to be paid to the dependents is found in Section 357 of Cr.P.C. According to Section 357, the Court is enabled to direct the accused, who caused the death of another person, to pay compensation to the persons, who are, under the Fatal Accident Act, 1855, entitled to recover damages for the loss resulting to them from such death. The object of the section therefore, is to provide compensation payable to the persons who are entitled to recover damages from the person even though fine does not form part of the sentence

Dibsha Nanda   04 June 2020

Hello sir, 

Section 357, CrPC, 1973 mein Session Court, Appellate Court aur Revision Court ke pass compensation dene ki power hai. Sentence ke time par Accused jo fine pay karta hai, use amount ko Court poora ya uska kuch part victim ko de sakta hai.

Central Government ki scheme hai- Central Victim Compensation Fund Scheme, 2015 jisme victim, uske dependants ya fir area ka SHO, District ya State Legal Service Authority ke pass apply kar sakte hain. Application ke sath victim ka Medical Certificate, FIR ki copy aur Court ka Recommendation letter (agar hai), attach karna hota hai.

Legal Service Authority uske baad application ke hisab se decide kregi ki victim ko kitna compensation milna chahiye.




SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     04 June 2020


U/s. 357 of crpc every court has unlimited powers to grant compesation as per goverment scheme or any compensation decided by the court. Court can make specific order for grant of compensation at the time of final judgment. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query