LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (SWE)     27 June 2012

Very urgent plz reply.i will be very thankful to lawyer opin

Because of my parents force I got engaged a month back.Actually iam not at all interested in marriage.Suddenly my mom fell sick which made me to accept the engagement.From the day i got engaged iam not happy.I talked to the girl also and i found she is not at all compatible with me.Both of lives will get ruined if we marry.Hence i wanted to break this engagement at any cost.I have declared this to the girl and both of our parents.Now my parents are more worried about the legal consequences if they file a case.If they file a case under which sections they can file?please reply

Learning

11 Replies

Ramesh Potedar (Advocate)     27 June 2012

She can file a case of dowry against you.

shailendra patadia (director)     27 June 2012

dont worry nothig will happen all legal procidure are time and money consuming for the complainant also unless you have done anything wrong nothig will happen to you if at all such false case is filed appoint a good advocate nothig to worry about

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     28 June 2012

Nothing to worry about , its only an engagement and not the marriage and can be easily settled.

(Guest)
talk to her and her parents that if this marriage completed than 101% possibility that both of life will be destroy, you cant live with her, Disclose reason with fact before him. Agar vey samajhdaar parents hain to aapki baat samjah jayaingai.

(Guest)

No case of dowry can be filed before marriage.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     29 June 2012

Return the valuabls if u got something in engagement. At the most give them the expenditure, nothing more. Even if they r not satisfied & want to harass u 4 dowry demand, FIGHT LIKE A LION............& U WILL WIN!

Return the valuabls if u got something in engagement. At the most give them the expenditure, nothing more. Even if they r not satisfied & want to harass u 4 dowry demand, FIGHT LIKE A LION............& U WILL WIN!

baljinder singh (advocate)     01 July 2012

dear, nothing to worry, be brave it was just a small function to ascertain tht u n ur would be wife have found a suitable mach n are going to marry , but this does not mean tht they cn implead you in matrimonial disputes as sitll cause of action has not arisen, still marriage is pending.

if u had decided to not to marry thn why did u accepted it under preesure, remember parents will always force u, bt being major hav every right to decide ur future life, nevr tend to preesures bcoz after ur marriage parents would stop caring as they are till today, so it is only u who would hav to face consequences.

better take this decision amicably after talking to girl, n if both of u dont desire to marry things could be settled over thn n there.

i hv always stood in favour husbands and would be husbands.

for any further querry u r always welcome lawman7227@gmail.com--9815376017-Adv. Baljinder singh.

baljinder singh (advocate)     01 July 2012

dear, nothing to worry, be brave it was just a small function to ascertain tht u n ur would be wife have found a suitable mach n are going to marry , but this does not mean tht they cn implead you in matrimonial disputes as sitll cause of action has not arisen, still marriage is pending.

if u had decided to not to marry thn why did u accepted it under preesure, remember parents will always force u, bt being major hav every right to decide ur future life, nevr tend to preesures bcoz after ur marriage parents would stop caring as they are till today, so it is only u who would hav to face consequences.

better take this decision amicably after talking to girl, n if both of u dont desire to marry things could be settled over thn n there.

i hv always stood in favour husbands and would be husbands.

for any further querry u r always welcome lawman7227@gmail.com--9815376017-Adv. Baljinder singh.

Rajesh (SWE)     06 July 2012

Sir we tried to negotiate with her father but of no use.We approached a lawyer and we have sent a notice that we are not interested in marriage due to un avoidable circumstances.We have sent a copy to her father,DSP,SP and CI of the concerned region.Now if the girls parents want to file a cheating case and approach the police station will there be an immediate arrest or we will be intimated so that we can arrange for bail.If they want our immediate arrest what way they may approach and which sections they may use.Kindly reply,
Regards,
Rajesh  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register