LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venu (ADE)     12 November 2009

VALIDITY OF arya samaj marriage

We are get married in aryasamaj hyd. I am AP state Govt. employee, our people asking for marrage certificate from sub-registrar. they not accepting marrage certificate issued by aryasamaj. Is it right.

Learning

16 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     12 November 2009

Although the marriage certificate issued by Arya Samaj is authentic yet for legal compliances registartion of marriage with the District Marriage Registrar is necessary. The process is simple, you can walk into the SRO in whose jurisdiction you reside and he can do the needful. The process is so simple you can get the certificate on the third day of making the application.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     12 November 2009

get 2 photos of the marriage particularly, jilakara,mangalyam or garlading each etc and two witness,one application of marriage and Rs.10/- fee and photo id,address id of each.

The next day the certificate will be issued.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     12 November 2009

both the Ld. counsels are from Hyderabad....they have advise according to the procedure applicable there.

srinivas (PO)     14 December 2009

I am married in an aryasamaj in hyd two years back but not regd with marriage registrar. 2 months back, i cam to UK and now i want to bring my wife here. Is arya samaj certificate valid for visa purpose. If not, is there a way out where with out me coming to India, my wife can register the marriage. plz suggest me...

Daksh (Student)     15 December 2009

Mr.Srinivas,

You have stated that you have married for last two years as such there is a strong likelihood that you must be having other documents such as Ration Card, Joint Bank Account to this effect which can substantiate.   In any case there is no bar that even your wife alone can get your marriage registered with local Sub Registar office.  Hope this satisfies your query.

Best Regards

Daksh

srinivas (PO)     15 December 2009

Mr.Daksh, many thanks for the reply.

My wife has enquired with the sub registrar, Gandhi nagar,, they were asking for both the parties i.e. wife n husband to be present and have to sign in the register there. We have also enquired at an other sub registrar office, where they said they can give an affidafit (not the marriage certificate) if we pay some 2000+ rupees. We were confused as it is? we dont even know the validity of it for the visa purpose and it might also give a wrong impression to the visa authorities... appreciate further support.. good day

prathima (SE)     15 December 2009

Hi

Am also in the same situation

Could you please let me know how my husband alone can registrate our arya samaj marraige certificate

rohit (manager)     18 May 2011

hello sir,,

we got married in arya samaj mandir 5 yrs back. now we r mutually separated. so its necessary for both of us to take divorce if we do second marriage. what are consequences occur if we dont take divorce..plz reply

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     18 May 2011

YOU  SHALL GET DIVORCE BY MUTUAL CONCERNT BY COURT ONLY

1 Like

rohit (manager)     19 May 2011

that i know sir but my question is different..anyway thanks

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     19 May 2011

for mr rohit

ipc sec 494 and 497 may apply.

it is wise to obtain first.

it is wise to obtain divorce first.

ARYA SAMAJ MARRIAGE AND REGISTRATION BOTH ARE LEGALLY VALID.

MIGHT BE THAT A GOVT EMPLOYEE NOT AWARE OF IT.

PREPARE THE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE WITH APPLICATION, BEFORE THE AUTHORITY.

Arya Marriage Validation Act; YEAR – 1937; ACT NO - 19

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register